PDA

View Full Version : Getting a sanctioned race to my lhs

leapingbug
01-31-2006, 01:22 AM
Well i was asking my hobbie shop if they are going to be running a mini series on thier 1/10 track and they did say they are going to try bot it depends on the turn out. Well thise is my thing 1 they dont seem to support minis to much so i dont know how it will go 2 What do you guys think i could do to get people to go to thise thing and how can i convince my lhs to support minis more :confused:

bermbuster
01-31-2006, 01:35 AM
Where is your lhs/raceway??? The only thing that will make the minis a reality will be racer turnout. The next problem is what vehicle or vehicles will be showing up. You gotta get the word out and get people to show up......

joseph
01-31-2006, 02:22 AM
It all depends where your hobby shop is located and if the 10th scales really want to buy micro rc. I'm here in vegas and u would think it would be a big turn out for rc cars micro antways and its not at all now 10th and 8th scales racing its big.

leapingbug
01-31-2006, 02:52 AM
i live in limerick pa
the track is hobby hut GO TO Hobbyhut.com and take a look at the track the 1/8 buggy is huge there :D :D

leapingbug
01-31-2006, 02:57 AM
you know what im kinda hopping is to go race on the 1/8 during there pre practice and have everyone see the thing and be like holly shit that guy just ran a faster lap then me lol :D

But that will grab there attention
but hey there will be atleast three there racing 1/16 me my bro and my dad (which is really cool since he is 53 and still is active in to hobbys like this) :)

bermbuster
01-31-2006, 03:27 AM
I working this week in Lancaster.....so im down the road from you....the cool thing about the H8 is it is truly the little brother to the 1/8 inferno. Looks like you will have a hard sell to get guys to race the smaller scale.....Me and my son will come down for a race this spring......lets see what you can do....on the website they are having a big race the end of april.....

pimpsmurf
01-31-2006, 12:43 PM
What seems like it's working for me is, hook you H8 up to bejesus and show them how you can turn faster lap times then thier 1:10 scale electric trucks/buggies and even nitro trucks. Then show it take a few huge jumps with out a problem. Then when the word spreads, a racing class is born.

Another thing that helps is to get another LHS. =)

-JNY