PDA

View Full Version : Which H8 body gives most room for electronics?

bbking9
01-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Anyone know which H8 bodies have the most space underneath to allow for electronics, motor heatsinks (real ones) and fans on motors?

Also I need one with out the hole cut out for the fake heatsink and even better if it did not have that area even marked by a seam, or raised circle.

Thanks

DrVonHoSS
01-31-2006, 02:42 PM
If you are looking for a buggy body.. I would say the stock body has the most room. The Proline Crowd Pleazer for the HALF8 looks better.. but makes for a tighter fit.

pimpsmurf
01-31-2006, 03:20 PM
I like the look of the crowd pleaser, but I went back to the kyosho body for the extra room. Also, I've had trouble with both when trying to keep the front from snapping off. I just cut it right off now. Better than heartbreak at the track. ;)

Also, the kyosho body doesn't have the stupid outline for the faux engine head so you don't look all weird and shit.

Aon electric needs to make smaller decals. I got all these extra decals, but they are too large for even the kyosho body. I guess I might have to trim them a bit.

Cap't Rant... signing off,
-JNY

BiGRoB21
01-31-2006, 03:50 PM
the j comcepts has just as much room as the stock body but looks way better than the stock body.

DrVonHoSS
01-31-2006, 04:23 PM
I like the look of the crowd pleaser, but I went back to the kyosho body for the extra room. Also, I've had trouble with both when trying to keep the front from snapping off. I just cut it right off now. Better than heartbreak at the track. ;)

Also, the kyosho body doesn't have the stupid outline for the faux engine head so you don't look all weird and shit.

Aon electric needs to make smaller decals. I got all these extra decals, but they are too large for even the kyosho body. I guess I might have to trim them a bit.

Cap't Rant... signing off,
-JNY

JNY..

Do you want some EclipseRC.com decals? If so.. email me at drvonhoss@aol.com. No charge.. I'll pay the 39 cents for shipping. :)

Neil

signats
02-02-2006, 06:13 AM
Anyone know which H8 bodies have the most space underneath to allow for electronics, motor heatsinks (real ones) and fans on motors?

Also I need one with out the hole cut out for the fake heatsink and even better if it did not have that area even marked by a seam, or raised circle.

Thanks

Well, if you really want some space under the body, the Parma Exciter is not only very very roomy, but it is also extremely st...sty....stylis.... uh.........good personality, yea, thats it, you know, really nice to be with.

Here it is mounted on a ST (with buggy front shock tower) next to a Kyosho body and a Pro-line.

BitHed
02-02-2006, 06:44 AM
...oh yeah THATS downright BOOTIFUL!! (Hand over mouth and chuckles as he slinks off into the darkness...) :rolleyes:

bbking9
02-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks guys, I got the Jconcepts. And for $10.50 not bad. Got the body yesterday and am trimming it up and will paint tomorrow.

BiGRoB21
02-03-2006, 11:46 PM
yep the illusion bodys are the shit! i bought one but still havent painted it yet i may paint it like my 8th scale body i did up that is also a illusion. i like how they come with a antenna tube too.

in the pic the window trim that is still blue was trimed off in the motor hole ;)

leapingbug
02-08-2006, 10:33 PM
yep the illusion bodys are the shit! i bought one but still havent painted it yet i may paint it like my 8th scale body i did up that is also a illusion. i like how they come with a antenna tube too.

in the pic the window trim that is still blue was trimed off in the motor hole ;)
where can you get the illusion bodys at

mat3833
02-08-2006, 10:52 PM
go to http://www.jconcepts.net/

Matt

leapingbug
02-09-2006, 02:55 AM
go to http://www.jconcepts.net/

Matt
(and they dont have the cut out for the stock heat simk?) :confused:

pimpsmurf
02-09-2006, 04:35 AM
The kyosho clear bodies don't either.

-JNY

leapingbug
02-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Ya i cant find where to get them ether :confused:

mat3833
02-09-2006, 05:05 PM
just throw away the mini heatsink, or better yet use it as a keychain. oh and check ebay or ask bit for the kyosho bodys.

Matt

BiGRoB21
02-10-2006, 11:13 PM
the kyosho bodies when clear are like 20$ compared to the 11 for the jconcepts

pimpsmurf
02-11-2006, 12:12 AM
16.50 shipped. I pay $17 shipped for kyosho bodies via my LHS.

The J Concepts is rad though. I think my next one will be j concepts, so I can see it in 3D. =)

-JNY