PDA

View Full Version : Stock connector?

Myrslakt
01-30-2006, 08:35 PM
What is the name of the connector type Kyosho uses with their stock electrics in the H8?
I need to order some, and it's a lot easier if I actually know what they'se called ;-)

bermbuster
01-30-2006, 08:48 PM
hpi style.....you would be better off in the long run to upgrade them......with deans Ultra connectors......

pimpsmurf
01-30-2006, 09:14 PM
yeah. Stock connectors are for sissies...

-JNY

mOOsE
01-30-2006, 10:45 PM
crappy, voltage robbing, hpi style connectors. But the LHS pricing labels are too short so most of the time they will just say HPI connector ;)

Hawk
01-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Well put Moose.

racermike
01-30-2006, 10:54 PM
What are the stock single post connectors that go from the ESC to the motors on Half8's called? I really like them from the motors, and some of my other cars have some half a$$3d stuff, and would like everything to be the same. And yes....I do have deans on the batteries to the ESC......I just really like the single positive and negative connectors from the motors......

Hawk
01-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Those are din versions of the tab/connectors that are insulated. I think they are 3mm. Not that easy to find really but I haven't looked for them for a while.
The connectors that are used by the brushless crowd could work to do the same thing, they conduct much better but then they probably cost twice as much ($3.50 for three, remember they are for the 3 wire brushless setups).

The problem with all those bullet connectors is they don't work well if they are pulled apart and pushed together a lot. The Dean's (and others like Sermos, Astroflight Zero loss) have positive pressure to make a good physical connection.

BitHed
01-30-2006, 11:10 PM
...I second that...Upgrade to Deans Ultras...I think you will find them in the H8 shop here too ;)