PDA

View Full Version : Mamba ESC Programming ?

FL Speed Freaks
01-29-2006, 03:52 AM
OK Does anyone know the best programming for the mamba 6800 with 8 cells. The way its set up now its really slow off the line then picks up. If anyone has the same set up please let me know your set up.

Thanks Jamie

pimpsmurf
01-29-2006, 02:20 PM
The besy setup is high start power, no punch control, locked slipper, and lowest timing.

The better option would be to buy my hyperion. =)

-JNY

FL Speed Freaks
01-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Ok I'll try it.

pimpsmurf
01-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Also, what kind of pack are you using? Good cells (gp1100, intellect 1200, etc) help a lot.

Also, are you using wheel bearings, or the stock bushings? Get bearings. bushings = suck

-JNY

FL Speed Freaks
02-03-2006, 02:07 AM
URC 8 cell packs.

mOOsE
02-03-2006, 03:07 AM
mmmmMAMBA LINK!!!!

FL Speed Freaks
02-03-2006, 03:22 AM
I have the Mamba link. Looking for the best settings.

Also the best gearing?

bermbuster
02-03-2006, 11:05 AM
The best setting for a 6800 will low start power, no punch, low timing.
As for gearing I would go down on the pinion. Stock is 14t. Try 10-12t
I dont run for top end I run for low end grunt to speed up quick out of a turn and to clear a jump.

aaronb
02-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Hi chaps, lovely sunny winter morning here in Oxford. :)

Last night I finally installed my hyperion 6000 with mamba. Downloaded the Castle Software and set it up.

I am WELL IMPRESSED with that whole 'link' facility. Very chuffed.

So took the buggy out into carpark at 10pm, first of all it went fast forward but nothing exciting, but lightning fast backwards...LOL. :eek: Couple of wires to change I think and reverse the controls on the tx. Once changed it was lightning forward and 50% reverse (as set on software).

BUT. From standing possition it stutters and grumbles, (is this what cogging is???) and then picks up speed. Even out of a gentle turn it staggers a bit, dederderder zoooom.
SETUP:
12t pinion (I have a 9, 10 & 11 RS4 micro pinions on the way)
Using it with a 7.4v 1200mAh lipo. Altho I've got a 1320 11.1v lipo standing by.
Linea throt curve
Race timing
Forward then brake then Reverse - setting
Can't remember the other settings, sorry, I'm at work atm.

When I get home I'm going to copy pimps setups from your thread and see what happens. Just thought I'd post my experience from last night and see if anyone had a simple "no no, you need to do this" solution.

C ya,
a
ps: Also, I'm make some effort to upload a stack of pics tonight.

benz19
02-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey Aaronb!

Good to see some one local,ish,im in Birmingham.

I should have my ST in the next couple of days and am really looking forward to having some fun with these little beautys!!

I am planning to run mine brushless and maybe on 4cell lithiums,thats 14.8v,as i have a few good thunderpower 2100mah packs i use for my helicopter!

Keep us posted on your progress!!

Regards Benz :)

pimpsmurf
02-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Hi chaps, lovely sunny winter morning here in Oxford. :)

Last night I finally installed my hyperion 6000 with mamba. Downloaded the Castle Software and set it up.

I am WELL IMPRESSED with that whole 'link' facility. Very chuffed.

So took the buggy out into carpark at 10pm, first of all it went fast forward but nothing exciting, but lightning fast backwards...LOL. :eek: Couple of wires to change I think and reverse the controls on the tx. Once changed it was lightning forward and 50% reverse (as set on software).

BUT. From standing possition it stutters and grumbles, (is this what cogging is???) and then picks up speed. Even out of a gentle turn it staggers a bit, dederderder zoooom.
SETUP:
12t pinion (I have a 9, 10 & 11 RS4 micro pinions on the way)
Using it with a 7.4v 1200mAh lipo. Altho I've got a 1320 11.1v lipo standing by.
Linea throt curve
Race timing
Forward then brake then Reverse - setting
Can't remember the other settings, sorry, I'm at work atm.

When I get home I'm going to copy pimps setups from your thread and see what happens. Just thought I'd post my experience from last night and see if anyone had a simple "no no, you need to do this" solution.

C ya,
a
ps: Also, I'm make some effort to upload a stack of pics tonight.

Use the 2 cell lipo because the 3 cell will tend to overheat the motor. Get some wheel bearings if you do not already have them. Change the timing back down to lowest. That will help keep the motor from overheating, extend runtimes, and only costs you 1-2mph (b-p-p.com radar checked.)

High start power is usually needed with that motor (unless you have a perfectly smooth drivetrain.)

That is a fantastic setup, but if you want to use a 3 cell, go with the Aon 4900 and a 16t pinion. It is fantastic. the torque is the biggest part. It instantly balloons the tires and easily rips the kyosho preglued tires off the rims.

-JNY

aaronb
02-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Cheers chap. I'll give that a try.

So here's what happened when I had the mamba setup with high start, normal timing (yc 6000). 11.1v 1320 lipo.

(load gun...........fire!) neeeeowwwwwww.
Thats fine. But stopping and turning were a problem. When I turn in on no throttle back end is very light and will often swap ends if not careful. If I turn and accellerate hardish it understeers like no tomorrow, just goes straight.
I'm thinking this will take some getting used to. Its just adapting driving styles to suit this power now. Once driving it for about 10 mins or so I could get to grips with it. Made a quick track in the car park and it was doing very well. I'd like more controll when braking, but thats just turning the brake curve a bit. I was running around at around half throttle, as I didn't have enough control over brake to go any faster.

HOWEVER, made a speed run past me and front left wheel came off. The hex and the inside of the wheel had begun to strip and this caused the nut to undo then work its way free. I make a point of not over tightening the nuts too. Something to learn there.