PDA

View Full Version : Saveing those overdischarged LiPo's

RURC
01-25-2006, 11:21 PM
I have spent the last several months deep into the unknown rhelms of LiPo's. I have developed a system (some handmade equipment) that has enabled me to save lipos that have been over discharged. Now those of you with lipos have been told that if you go below 3.1 or 3.2 volts per cell that those packs ate trash. I am in the process of doing a final Beta test before I hit the rest of the RC forums with this process. However this is going to be a in house (you have to send me your packs) due to legal problems if one should catch fire. I am looking for up to 15 people to send me packs that they have determined to be bad. Now this system works about 80% of the time. I think that is better than zero if you throw it away. The only thing I have to say is that the voltage not be lower that 1.5 volts per cell. I have done this down to 1 volt but that one lost some capisity. Back to your part, if you send me a pack that you have overdischarged ( is your charger turnung off on you?) and I will hook it up the the system and start a 2 day process that has worked for me 14 out of 16 times. I will perform this at no charge to you except you have to pay the shipping. I can only do this with packs that have Deans, Tamyia, or the small JST like connectors on planes. For right now the first 15 people to respond in the afirmative here will get this. Respond here AND email me at MeismanM@hotmail.com. Do both this way others can see what is happining and get on board if the quota has not been met. I am also doing this with the local flying club so let me know. I will take 15 people from this forum. It dose not have to be H8 batteries. Any LiPo up to 8000 maH. All I will ask of you is that if it works for you please put out the word after the beta test is over. When you email me I will send you a beta test form that you will have to fill out and send in with your pack. If you have more than one pack you will need one for each pack. :D

RURC
01-27-2006, 07:53 PM
I guess there are not enouf lipo guys here. I am going to the plane forums with this. If you are still interested go ahead and contact me.

hrtln
01-28-2006, 12:14 AM
I might have 1 batt for ya.

RURC
01-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Turtleman Please email me at Meismanm@hotmail.com . Put "Lipo Beta" in the subject line. I will then send you the beta contract and the mail to address. The only thing I do not cover is postage. Thank you.

BiGRoB21
04-05-2006, 10:36 PM
hey man, i emailed you a while back. i have 2 packs that need your service! both are thinder power 1320 packs but one is a 2 cell and one is a 3 cell