PDA

View Full Version : TLP 4000C Pulse Charger question

hkopium
04-08-2005, 07:41 PM
I bought this cheap charger (kinda regreted it) and the manual is poorly written. My question is...

Plug in power jack, the power light turned on right away. I dialed to 800-1200mah setting.

When I connect my batteries (8 x Intellect 1200mah 9.6v) to the front connectors, the slow light turned on but the speaker kept beeping slowly every 5 seconds or so.

Then I press the mode select button once, still slow light indicator turned on and same beeping every 5 seconds.

Then I press again, now only the fast light indicator turned on after one beep sound and it seems to be charging.

(1) So this thing cannot slow charge??? Or something is wrong with it?

(2) Also, i noted that the 5th mode is called Discharge + Fast charge 3 cycles... what's 3 cycles? Should I use this mode at all?

chrille
04-08-2005, 07:48 PM
1: Cant it be so that i slowcharges AND beeps at the same time? Its probably beeping just to remember you that its slowchargning and not fastcharging! :)

2: With 3 cycles it means that it discharges, charges, discharges, charges, discharges and charges! :)

hkopium
04-08-2005, 07:55 PM
1: Cant it be so that i slowcharges AND beeps at the same time? Its probably beeping just to remember you that its slowchargning and not fastcharging! :)

2: With 3 cycles it means that it discharges, charges, discharges, charges, discharges and charges! :)

1. The manual said "Beep once" when slow charging. It doesn't say continuous beeping any where on it (The manual is only one piece of paper) :eek:

2. I see. Why or when do I need to do the 3 cycles? Cooking the batteries? :D

chrille
04-08-2005, 07:57 PM
1: Aha! :) So you are not suposed to do any special to get it slow charging? Or even just let it be?

2: When you recycles batteries after they have been just lying for a while or with new batteries! :)

hkopium
04-08-2005, 08:01 PM
1: Aha! :) So you are not suposed to do any special to get it slow charging? Or even just let it be?

2: When you recycles batteries after they have been just lying for a while or with new batteries! :)

1. Since the manual says it can do slow charge, i wanna try it. Also, I think slow charge is good for the batteries life? True? I tried connect the batteries as they were without pressing the mode button (Which means the machine should be slow charging), but it just kept beeping... :confused:

2. I see, thanks bro.

chrille
04-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Ok... but slow charging is for the most not a charging, is more like a maintain charging to keep the batteries somewhat charged! :)

hkopium
04-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Ok... but slow charging is for the most not a charging, is more like a maintain charging to keep the batteries somewhat charged! :)

Oh! Now I understand. Thanks!!!

Like my last RC car was 15 years ago, a Tamiya Hornet (I think that's the name, withVolkswagen Beetle shell)... at that time slow charge is slowly charging batteries (15 hours vs 2 hours fast charge on 7.2V) I seriously need to update my RC knowledge. Especially the Remote Control Set, really improved alot. :D

chrille
04-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Hehe, but if you really want a slow charger there are some out there for not much money, but if so, its better that you fast charges the batteries that you got and buy new ones when they are done...