PDA

View Full Version : custom truck body

45tr0
01-18-2006, 03:51 AM
okay, i'm really digging my half8 buggy at the moment, but i prefer the look of a truck.... its amazing what you can do with a dremel! :D

I had an old crappy toy R/C "custom truck" (comes with 2 bodys and sets of wheels), and decided to make it live up to it's name!

Lemme know what you think! :)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/45tr0/customh8.jpg

QuickEight
01-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Nice job on mounting that body. Could you post a side picture so we can see how high up it sits off the chassis?

What scale was the body?

Hawk
01-18-2006, 03:36 PM
I like it cause it has this stealth thing going for it. Looks like one of those Newbright cheesy rc on a string things but I bet it goes great. Nice mount job. I love the piles of read plastic and dremel in the background.
Never fails to amaze what shows up in this forum.

bcuzau
01-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Hehee.. nice sleeper. You could drive around the streets slowly then wait until someone with a Tyco or Nikko shows up and challenges you to a race :D ..

Do you have the box your H8 came with.. you may want to use the clear part for a windshield and windows. Looks good.

45tr0
01-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Do you have the box your H8 came with.. you may want to use the clear part for a windshield and windows. Looks good.

you just gave me a good idea! i need to make an inner body cover, to keep dust/crap out of the chassis. that box might be just the ticket!

Trickpatrick
01-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Ok now I have to go buy a toy truck I need one for Mlst now :D
I want to do a police truck I have some blue and red flashing leds I am going to use on it, need a siren.

Going to run it at the races for laughs :cool:

I know that soundes nerdy but you got to mix it up now and again.

BTW the ST comes with a dust cover you can buy seperate.