PDA

View Full Version : New UNITED RC Aftermarket Chassis Battery Pack

UNITED_RC
01-18-2006, 12:47 AM
We are happy to announce the release of the next two United RC battery packs.

The Sport53 and Xtreme53 packs!!

These packs provide 9.6v of PURE POWER for your aftermarket chassis setup. Most of the aftermarket setups we have seen and heard from our customer, told us that everyone is setting the motor up on the rear US Passenger side, leaving the entire driver side open for power!

Hence the introduction of the 9.6v 53 SERIES from United RC, Inc.

Available now!

http://www.unitedrc.com/img/featured/53_packs_homepage.jpg

PRODUCT LINKS/DETAILS:

Sport 53 NiMH 9.6v Pack (http://unitedrc.com/store/product.asp?BrandId=7&ID=228)

Xtreme 53 NiMH 9.6v Pack (http://unitedrc.com/store/product.asp?BrandId=7&ID=229)

Thank you.

URC

mat3833
01-18-2006, 01:05 AM
sweet!! now all i need is a pitbull. is there any plan for a 10 cell??

Matt

UNITED_RC
01-18-2006, 01:46 AM
CAW is releasing them tonight...!

URC

BitHed
01-18-2006, 03:19 AM
...nice ;) The battery looks great!!

pimpsmurf
01-18-2006, 01:10 PM
"I want candy, for my best friend Sandy!"

Now all we need are pitbulls!

-JNY

BitHed
01-18-2006, 01:18 PM
...well y'all are welcome to pick up the ebay sets but mine will be arriving very soon...Damn...that means more office work to do...Man i HATE office work...*Note to self, 'World Domination, world domination....' (Voice trails off into the darkness...)

Hawk
01-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Bit,
I want one of those when they come in. I really like the chassis and Willie is out of gum. :D But he smells minty fresh. Let me know when they show up and put my name on the list please.
d

UNITED_RC
01-22-2006, 12:42 PM
The hE shop should have them next week!!!

URC

hrtln
01-22-2006, 07:16 PM
What is the best way to get a hold of you guys on the phone? I left a couple of messages, and never got a call back. I was looking for a motor, and had a couple of questions.

UNITED_RC
01-23-2006, 02:39 AM
Please email us directly, so we can arrange a time/date to chat on the phone: sales@unitedrc.com

Thank you

URC

auto2
02-05-2006, 02:16 AM
with the pitbull, instead of grinding the center diff have you tried flatining out the chassis where the battery has to sit?

pimpsmurf
02-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Huh? We like the 3Racing center diff =)

-JNY

UNITED_RC
02-05-2006, 12:40 PM
The lip on the chassis actually provides a function. The like holds the pack in towards the center of the chassis. It fits perfectly (the curved part of the pack) on the lip.

The dremeling of the stock center diff bulk is VERY simple, it takes about 15 secs. I actually did my mod with a coping saw...and not a dremel.

PIMPSMURF: If you are referring to this 3RACING part: http://www.3racing.com.hk/Image/MIF/MIF039TI.jpg, then it appears there is no mods to be done.

URC

auto2
02-05-2006, 01:05 PM
I have the 3 racing dif holder.( very nice) but the pack still doesn't fit. you need to grind the side off where the torque rod used to go.
I'm running an rc18 pack for today. sorry your pack has too much power for this track. (slow is fast) and it is lap times that count not showmanship.LOL!!!!
I'll mess with the center dif tonight. besides grinding means lighter.....:-)

UNITED_RC
02-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Can you snap me a pic of your setup, with the 53 series pack installed?

I would like to fix if there is any fitting issues. We like to make the packs as much of a direct drop in...so if that means we need to modify the chassis, we will.

URC

You can email me the pics to: jwyant@unitedrc.com

auto2
02-05-2006, 01:30 PM
here ya go. I havn't fitted it yet. I'll play with it tonight.

I understand you desire to keep weight low but making a pack in hump configuration would be a bolt in for the non dremel users.
how close is your pack to the spur gear? that is why I didn't dremel yet. I dont want the pack a 1/16 from touching the spur. BUT I havnt measured yet just a quick eye up lol

auto2
02-05-2006, 01:36 PM
battery pick I can take a better pick tonight if you want with a light of the center dif

UNITED_RC
02-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Great pics.

Ok...

1. the pack is intended to be mounted the other way, in line cells on the outside.

2. It appears there is a foot of the 3racing center diff that is causing the issue. I will test here.

URC

pimpsmurf
02-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I meant the housing. Must be tired. =)

-JNY

BitHed
02-05-2006, 06:55 PM
...Thats why the original battery packs I was doing had the gap between them...

...These were the original 'testing' pics which I supplied to URC...Thats why they havent been seen before...

http://halfeight.com/gallery/data/500/medium/30011_20687_031.jpg

http://halfeight.com/gallery/data/500/medium/30011_20687_032.jpg

...these are what I am STILL using and they fit fine...

auto2
02-05-2006, 08:45 PM
no good. the pack rubs the spur gear like I thought.
maybe if I took one battery bar off and got a longer one with an indent in it and made SURE the pack couldn't move it would work.
But With all the pounding I woul never feel comfortable with the pack a couple of tenths of an inch from the spur.

do you want me to take the pack apart and change 1 bar?
I won't touch it until I hear from you.

hump pack time? do others have this same set up and it works?

UNITED_RC
02-05-2006, 09:02 PM
no good. the pack rubs the spur gear like I thought.
maybe if I took one battery bar off and got a longer one with an indent in it and made SURE the pack couldn't move it would work.
But With all the pounding I woul never feel comfortable with the pack a couple of tenths of an inch from the spur.

do you want me to take the pack apart and change 1 bar?
I won't touch it until I hear from you.

hump pack time? do others have this same set up and it works?

Hmmm....

I have the same center diff on the way to me...so I will look and see what we can do.

I have already put a message into CAW about the chassis, extending the sides.

URC

auto2
02-05-2006, 09:26 PM
here with everything apart so you can see.-----------------------------------------------

OK so this is NG. money not being important either frank gets me a wider chassis or I redoo your battery. can you send me a few battery bars so I can make it a hump pack?.

only other option is drill the center diff a little offset. but then you might need longer shafts. and the motor holes would have to be moved also. NA too much work.

Or make it like the saddle pack so the spur gear is clear

auto2
02-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Ok I stopped at the LHS and picked up a 2 cell lipo. it fits so good how could I not get it.
So the question is what do I do with your pack? you want it back? can I take it apart and make a few adjustments and see if I can get it to work? ( I have an idea) let me know. Ben

UNITED_RC
02-18-2006, 03:17 AM
Here are some NEW pics of the new Pitbull Chassis. We have widened the chassis a bit to allow for more room between aftermarket Center Diffs (IE: 3Racing, shown in pics)

We have also added battery stap slots so the driver can use straps instead of velcro, if he/she chooses too.

BTW: The Pack pictured is our NEW RACE 53 (built with Intellect Cells). Should be officiall released this weekend!!!!! Watch for it!!

UNITED_RC
02-18-2006, 03:20 AM
here with everything apart so you can see.-----------------------------------------------

OK so this is NG. money not being important either frank gets me a wider chassis or I redoo your battery. can you send me a few battery bars so I can make it a hump pack?.

only other option is drill the center diff a little offset. but then you might need longer shafts. and the motor holes would have to be moved also. NA too much work.

Or make it like the saddle pack so the spur gear is clear

See the above post...we have addressed and fixed the issue.

URC

auto2
02-19-2006, 03:30 AM
you and frank are the best. Glad I could help:-)

UNITED_RC
02-19-2006, 03:50 AM
Auto...

does it look like the new version will help?

If so....contact Frank...

URC

auto2
02-19-2006, 04:03 AM
already did. about a week ago. I knew about the wider chassis before you did:-)