PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Australia

45tr0
01-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone knew of 1/18 or 1/16 racing in brisbane? Any other half-eight owners here in the sunshine state?

Feeling a mite bit lonely down here!

45tr0
02-09-2006, 09:51 AM
So i dropped into hobbystation (http://www.hobbystation.com.au) here in brisbane today. They have an indoor road track and an offroad out the front!

I asked about racing mini's, and They hold races every second saturday night on the offroad track, and will run any class so long as there is a minimum of three cars to run.

They seem to have only a fairly small collection of 1/10's for sale, most of their business seems to be spares and racing (go together well, i guess.) Unfortunately though, no mini sales/support, however they seemed quite interested in my minferno, and actually asked for a drive of it on their track. :)

Definitely the nicest LHS and staff i've had dealings with in Brisbane, even if they don't have any support for the halfie...

It would be great if we could organise a few of us QLD'ers to drop in one Saturday, and get a few laps in.

sam101
02-10-2006, 05:59 AM
Hi there 45tr0,
im a brizvegas dweller myself, yep HS (hobby station) staff are some of the best RC people that i have come across in brisbane (leo the owner is an absolute champ) Ill also give a plug for Trakside RC in Brendale (jeff) next to the on-road track. Please note im not at all associated with these shops- ive just had VERY good sevice and support from both.
Ive only recently got my H8 so im not sure of any racing going on, the Toyworld at Lawnton stocks H8's so maybe check there for spares. There's a hobby garage right next door so ya can visit two stores from the one carpark ;)
I have a bit more knoweldge of the rc drifting scene in briz as thats what ive been competing in recently.(if your interested try www.brizdrift.com having a bit of an update atm so give it a couple of days)(comps have been at HS)
Some of the guys i drift with have got mini-t's so ya mite get some takers for organised racing from them.
I would race myself but im moving to Townsville in two weeks so not much point getting involved.
sam

BitHed
02-10-2006, 06:01 AM
...check in with the boys at AusMicro.com too..They will probably be better able to help you out...Man I would love to show up in Brizzie with my cars :D Just like old times...I was based in Southport and Surfers :o

kyosho8
07-18-2006, 06:21 AM
not in brisbane, but sydney north ryde offers mini races. www.sydneyrc.com (mini-t and any other micro cars like half 8) :D