PDA

View Full Version : Diff problems

MAG
01-12-2006, 10:22 PM
rear on ground and turning front = very little movement on other front

rear on ground holding one front and turning other front = center diff spins

rear on ground turning both fronts = spinning center diff

same for the front on ground.

holding in air and giving throttle = wheels spin, but maybe, MAYBE, 1/4 power (hacker b20-22s 12tooth). This should balloon the tires easily and has in the past.

set it on ground and center diff spins making whining noise and 0 movement.

Diff nut is as tight as it will go with spring compressed completely.
The wheels are on the adapters and the adapters have the pins in and are on correctly. 3R CVD's.

Advice ? Replace both diffs ??

Thanks,
Mike

Trickpatrick
01-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Outdrives. :(
You have spun or stripped an outdrive front center diff most likely or pinion gear on front diff.
Check all the front outdrives first. then open front diff case and have a good look.

MAG
01-13-2006, 12:27 AM
I'll check them tomorrow. Been putting new front diff in the Savage :rolleyes: today...

I already have 2 replacements, was just hoping it may have been something else... guess I will just go ahead and replace then in hopes of fixing it. I have yet to drive the track with it for a full lap since I got it (used), been one thing or another...

Thanks for the advice,
Mike

MAG
01-13-2006, 03:46 PM
i got to poking around last night and it seems that some wd40 overspray got around the center diff area, could this be sauding the slipping problem ??

Take it apart and clean it all real good before changing diffs ??

Trickpatrick
01-13-2006, 04:07 PM
from your discription. I would say your center diff is ok.

MAG
01-14-2006, 07:01 PM
replaced front and rear diffs. Same problem.

Took front off and held drive cup and spun center diff by hand and the drive cup did not move.

Guessing drive cups are stripped ??

Thanks again,
Mike

mat3833
01-14-2006, 07:21 PM
yep, give bit a call and get the kyosho alloy ones.

Matt