PDA

View Full Version : I have some luck... mini t pro issues...

pimpsmurf
01-12-2006, 12:16 AM
I got sad because I'm waiting on H8 parts, and I broke my brand new MLST, and my Mini Z monster is sold, and I got ants in my pants and decided to go get a mini-t pro.

Wouldn't you know it? I couldn't even finish a 2 cell lipo run without trashing the diff. (upgraded 1900mah lipo to 12ga wire! haha! It was all I had...)

I have no clue what I did, how I did it, or what went wrong. The left rear diff cup has come completely out of the diff outdrive. At first, I thought I lost a screw or something, but the parts explosion doesn't show anything there. Yet the outdrive has threads in it... Also, the outdrive has a spring (I assume it is to keep the dogbones pushed outward. What am I missing here? I just don't get it. If anyone knows what is going on, I would appreciate some help.

-JNY

mat3833
01-12-2006, 12:23 AM
i shuget you get a stock gear diff. it is the solution to all of your problems. i ran a ball diff for 2 runs with a mamba 8000 and 11.0v lipo and it was gone!! i put my stock diff back in and 30 runs later it needed some more lube.

Matt

pimpsmurf
01-12-2006, 12:25 AM
The BB Diff is the stock diff in the mini t pro. =)

The diff seems fine, except for the outdrive issue. haha. I broke a couple cups too. I should have scored some a the LHS while I was there... =(

-JNY

mat3833
01-12-2006, 09:28 PM
ok i kno, just go and pick up the 2.50 diff and be happy.

Matt

BiGRoB21
01-12-2006, 10:03 PM
get the mip diff. it uses a screw and locnut like in the 10th scale diffs. the mini-t pro stock diff is a ball diff but the outdrives just sit in there and are held on by the spring in the outdrive

pimpsmurf
01-13-2006, 03:11 AM
yeah. It's crappy. I thought it was an MIP diff! :(