PDA

View Full Version : After installed X-Speed Motor...

hkopium
04-08-2005, 05:08 AM
and tightned the diff by one click, I found the car become nosier than before...

Is that normal or I have messed up my installation?

BTW, do you found that the "dial" (hex bolt) for diff. is very hard to turn? I did hold the big central gear steady with other hand.

BitHed
04-08-2005, 05:17 AM
...opium check that your motor is the right distance from the gears it touches..TOO close and it will be noisey...

...to turn the slipper get a tool that FITS and / or push the car down and use brute force...its kinda like blowing a trumpet...

acsubie
04-08-2005, 05:28 AM
... or push the car down and use brute force...its kinda like blowing a trumpet...

can always count on you for a late nite laugh Bit :D

BitHed
04-08-2005, 05:52 AM
...you will see what I mean when you have to do it...its all about grouped force..lol...

WhoMe
04-08-2005, 06:06 AM
So how much faster is the X-Speed than the stock 380 motor the H8 comes with?

BitHed
04-08-2005, 06:08 AM
...i changed the xspeed and the pinion at the same time so i actually cant accurately say...MUCH comes to mind though ;)

WhoMe
04-08-2005, 06:16 AM
I think im going to have to put in an order for one of those. I dont know how long im going to have to wait for that LRP thing. Though thats the goal ultimatly.

hkopium
04-08-2005, 06:17 AM
Thanks BitHed, but the distant should be the same as stock motor since they aer the same size and the 4 holes holding the motor plate is the same. I didn't cut them bigger, did you?

I will test run it tonight to see if the X-speed is really faster or not.

The acceleration is definitely stronger with better punch. My house is not big enough to do a speed test last night. Too bad I don't have a motor tester or speed tester. :(

If I have time, I will even tried and post the result with 8-batteries pack tonight.

chrille
04-08-2005, 10:32 AM
hkopium ,the holes for the motor is not round they are long! :) So you can adjust the geargap! ;) So look and that and you will probably find out that there is no gap betwen the gears... :)

hkopium
04-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Guys, when u pushing the H8 along a table without turning on the power, do you find your H8 kinda sticky for every one motor turn? :confused:

adrenalinrush123998
04-08-2005, 01:33 PM
loosen your gear mesh a bit....and i think that is normal depending on how fast you are pushing the car
how fast are you pushing it? i know on my other cars when i roll them along very slowly it stciks each mtoro turn..........i think it has to do with the magnets

chrille
04-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Ofcourse it sticks when i roll it slow over the floor! :) Its because the magnets as you said adrenalinrush123998! :) So thats totaly normal! But if the car dosent roll forward if you gives it a little hit with your hand, then its something unnormal...

hkopium
04-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Thanks Thanks Thanks to all of you.

I first thought I had messed up the diff. while I was installing the new motor and playing around with the diff. I didn't remember how smooth or sticky was the H8 when using the stock motor...

Now I can sleep well. Thanks again.