PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion 6000 and Mamba 25 Just arrived. HELP!

Nitrolio
01-07-2006, 04:41 AM
LOL ok I took my time on this and she is a beauty but....... it really bogs down if I try to full throttle from a stop, I have to go slow on the throttle and then I can go full throttle. I tried to change the Starting Power from Low to Normal then High, but it does the same on all 3 settings. Shed some light on a noob. thanks

BitHed
01-07-2006, 06:00 AM
...it might be the end point adjustments on your propo / controller...Have a fiddle with those and see what happens...

...i GUESS you are staring with the right size wires, full charge blah blah blah...All the usual suspects...

mat3833
01-07-2006, 07:46 PM
what batts are you using? what timing? what pinion?(shouldnt matter but what the hay) what size wires? lol

Matt

cy7878
01-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Are you using the stock pinion gear? what I noticed on mine was that the motor shaft being 2mm is too small to hold the stock pinion true and it causes dead spots as the gear turns. I am waiting to install the pinion gear from RC18T which fits perfectly on the mamba motor shaft to see if I can get rid of the dead spots.

pimpsmurf
01-13-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't believe you can really use composite pinions with a brushless motor anyway... Heat + torque + rpms = slippage.

-JNY

mat3833
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
ummm sorry pimpy but composite is great. i used an xray 14 tooth until i stripped it out. (my fault had gear mesh wrong, it chunked like 4 teeth out.)

Matt

Nitrolio
01-14-2006, 01:49 PM
here is the car setup. sport 42 battery pack, 12t metal pinion, hpi rx & tx(used this cause the rx is smaller than stock kyosho setup), this little B scoots when it gets going, i think i need to have the mamba esc flashed. but i broke the front left c-hub on tuesday and no one out here sells parts for it, ok ebay here i come..............