PDA

View Full Version : What rx for brushless if keeping stock tx?

gopher
01-04-2006, 05:47 PM
or is this even possible?

looking at thedocs machine below and I have a stock kyosho prefex tx and he even has the rx.

but if I were to go with the aon engine, I would probably buy a tekin esc and would need a new rx =\

I have crap for money too :(

Trickpatrick
01-04-2006, 06:18 PM
It's frustating I know but the brushless world doesnt allways just convert over.

You can probably plug everything together.

When you say stock recever do you mean the one that comes with the car?
Or a seperate rec.??

If I had crap for money I would stay brushed with an 8 cell 1100 mah.
I like the Xspeed and they have a new one with high torque out.
With a 12 or 13 T pinion.

The problem with Brushless is this.
You will start breaking all kinds of stuff. you have to replace most of the drive train with beefier parts and if you dont have $$ you just keep waiting for more $ to replace what you just broke.

Pretty soon you just want to get rid of it.

I have more than a grand in mine now.

Read this forum throughly and be careful how you spend what money you have.

bermbuster
01-04-2006, 06:22 PM
dont forget you will have to replace or rewire the servo too....if you changeout the the stock esc/rx unit. .

gopher
01-04-2006, 06:31 PM
well, it is wired for a tekin rage right now, so I am guessin if I went and got the tekin esc and put the aons onto it I shouldn't have to re-wire a thing.

I hate being in my position :) a wanting lil' person with just enough money to get myself in trouble :)

does the deal look good from thedoc if I were to gethis machine as a roller with xspede and one battery for $150? he mentions the outdrives being worn :\

I figured I could do all of it for around $200 or just over and sell one of the aons for like $40 ? that would help me buy my charger =\

ah hell... I should take my $200 and get a stock st from ultimate hobbies and get an xspede, urc sport and mkii charger right? lol

Trickpatrick
01-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Now your thinking!

The ST has alot of the stuff we had to buy seperate.

St would be your best bet.

gopher
01-04-2006, 07:13 PM
gonna try and see what I can get from thedoc item wise.

The one thing that caught my eye was the receiver though :)

if I can get maybe roller w/ xspede + aon + battery + stock receiver for $150 shipped, I might just do that.

I just don't know how much the titanium outdrives run =\

why can't any us online shop show STs for sale yet? heh

ofna
01-11-2006, 08:03 AM
what is the stock pinion that comes witht the buggy?I am using an xspeed motor...wonder if the stock pinion gear are fast enough or there are other pinion size that can perform better witht the xspeed?

Trickpatrick
01-11-2006, 03:29 PM
14t is stock. I like'd a 12t but I race on a technical track.

ofna
01-11-2006, 03:41 PM
14t is stock. I like'd a 12t but I race on a technical track.

so you using 14t with xspeed?

Trickpatrick
01-11-2006, 04:08 PM
I would try a 12 or maybe a 13 T
I prefer the 12 for racing, with the Xspeed.
Dont forget when you buy, the xspeed shaft is 2.3 mm

ofna
01-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I would try a 12 or maybe a 13 T
I prefer the 12 for racing, with the Xspeed.
Dont forget when you buy, the xspeed shaft is 2.3 mm

oH ok..so there is more speed with the 12T.I thnk there are pinion set meant for the xspeed cos i saw a couple of different teeth at a LHS.

tulsidas
02-08-2006, 07:31 AM
If I had crap for money I would stay brushed with an 8 cell 1100 mah.
I like the Xspeed and they have a new one with high torque out.
With a 12 or 13 T pinion.

The new Xspeed, are you referring to the ST version (IHW31 I think)?. If yes does this fit the buggy too ?

Hawk
02-08-2006, 03:36 PM
I installed the IHW13 X-Speed motor with stock pinion in my ST along with URC X42s batt. It runs great, big improvement in speed and punch. http://halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1566&page=2You can read about it here:

leapingbug
02-09-2006, 03:26 AM
Hey the rx and tx from the mini lst would work (rx and esc are apart form another)and it is syncronized :D And you can get them both of off EBAY for less then $10 :D

dj_ski69
03-05-2006, 01:37 PM
The AE Rx that comes with the RC18 series of cars will work with the Stock Tx...Also the Airtronics/Sanwa 27mhz AM Super Micor Rx will work as well....
I have verified that both will work by trying them both myself...
Hope this info helps..

SkI