PDA

View Full Version : My H8 with lights

hkopium
04-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Add two blue LED lights (3V each) to the motor.

So when running forward, they light up.
The faster, the brighter. ;)

hkopium
04-07-2005, 05:27 PM
The connection for your reference

TNB
04-07-2005, 05:30 PM
My Losi Mini-T has front and rear lights though they may not remain on it for very long. ;)

hkopium
04-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Sorry about the poor photographing... The super bright LED should look much brighter after I installed the 9.6v batteries tomorrow.

I will cut two holes on the shell and made a better looking headlights later. Need to find a pair of model lights from other car.

Any suggestion?

hkopium
04-07-2005, 05:34 PM
My Losi Mini-T has front and rear lights though they may not remain on it for very long. ;)

Who are those two girls in the photo (#5), their headlights sure glow. :D

TNB
04-07-2005, 05:34 PM
I simply used some of this super strong double adhesive strips to hold down the LEDs on my Losi Mini-T and I'll probably do the same thing with the buggy without drilling holes in the shell.

TNB
04-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Who are those two girls in the photo (#5), their headlights sure glow. :D
It appears that someone has been checking out Gallery TNB. If it is the same photo I believe you are referring to, the photo was taken at RCX 2004 in my pit area when I was there racing in the 2004 Kyosho US Mini-Z Cup. They've both been in the RC mags numerous times.

hkopium
04-07-2005, 05:37 PM
I simply used some of this super strong double adhesive strips to hold down the LEDs on my Losi Mini-T and I'll probably do the same thing with the buggy without drilling holes in the shell.

I don't want to use glue. I want them removable whenever I want.

Can you post your Mini-T photo here? Can't find it in the website. I want to see it for reference.

hkopium
04-07-2005, 05:39 PM
It appears that someone has been checking out Gallery TNB. If it is the same photo I believe you are referring to, the photo was taken at RCX 2004 in my pit area when I was there racing in the 2004 Kyosho US Mini-Z Cup. They've both been in the RC mags numerous times.

Oh, i though one of them or both were your girlfriend(s). :D

TNB
04-07-2005, 05:53 PM
The strips that I am referring to aren't glue, but some kind of putty type stuff. There is one photo of the Mini-T at MZR with a yellow baja bug body; however, if you want one of the wiring set up, I'll either have to dig through old photos at RCU or wait until I have access to my own computer and I probably should wait until later tonight after I finish taking photos of a new track at Caesar's Palace. Since I have a newer camera now, I can take a better close up anyway. ;)

Regarding the models, well that would probably be fun for a while. I have a few more photos of them with my cars and of me with them though I didn't upload those photos. :D

hkopium
04-08-2005, 12:42 AM
The strips that I am referring to aren't glue, but some kind of putty type stuff. There is one photo of the Mini-T at MZR with a yellow baja bug body; however, if you want one of the wiring set up, I'll either have to dig through old photos at RCU or wait until I have access to my own computer and I probably should wait until later tonight after I finish taking photos of a new track at Caesar's Palace. Since I have a newer camera now, I can take a better close up anyway. ;)

Regarding the models, well that would probably be fun for a while. I have a few more photos of them with my cars and of me with them though I didn't upload those photos. :D

Please do show them all (the car and the gals) :D

TNB
04-08-2005, 07:59 AM
The photos show the LED wired directly to the motor;
The "Power-Strips" used; and
Where the Power-Strips are used to hold down the front lights on the Mini-T.
--Just so happens it is next to the Half8 with the shocks I mounted tonight.

CableMan
04-20-2005, 06:51 PM
For headlights on my TR15, I have used small flashlights from Wal-Mart. The pictures are below:

http://24.107.43.192/images/RC%20Car/v9microflex_579.jpg
http://24.107.43.192/images/RC%20Car/IMG_8228.JPG

The lights are like $10 each, so they are not too cheap, but they have internal batteries that are supposed to last 100's of hours, so they don't suck juice from your car. You could also mount the flashlights under the body and bend the flexible neck any which way to fit to the body.

These lights are bright enough to see from 100 yards or better.