PDA

View Full Version : aon4900 difference and mambo4900

auto2
01-01-2006, 06:16 PM
trying to figure out what to get for my H8
am I correct in saying the mamba 4900 motor runs hot and the aon4900 doesn't? or is it the ESC causing the problem?

I'm sold on the tekin mini rage and AON motor just cause I trust you guys but would like a little education too.:-)

Trickpatrick
01-02-2006, 03:14 AM
I have had Mamba and Tekin.

But this is my opinion not everyones.

The real issue is torque, torque. torque.
In a H8 you have to have it.

For bashing and speed runs not as important maybe but with less torquey motor you will have some slight hesatation to out right fall on its face problems.

This applies mostly to the motor. But also can be influenced buy a weak or so-so battery.
So the motor is very important and to be honest the Mamba and Tekin motors seem to be from the same supplier and have little torque.
Tekin is rumored to be testing a bigger AON like motor now. And have said so here. I am using a Hacker motor 3700 or 4900 with very good success.
The AON is a little harder to get but seems to be a fav. Hyperion is also good.
A larger can diameter is good but you have to watch the lenght for fit.

ESC is a different matter. This is strickly my 25 year experience opinion.
If you want to bash again it might not matter much.... BUT if you want to race you need control and a range of throttle!!

Some people on forums dont race and will say.. not having the experience to go buy that, the Mamba is very good. And it does work... OK.

Having had both I will tell you flat out the Tekin is a racing ESC and will serve you very well for racing.
I cant help but mention You wont need a extra cable purchase or a laptop at the track to make adjustments to your Tekin you can just pullover open the lid and adjust and go back to having fun.

Remember we are talking about H8 here and how they apply to our needs not all cars in all situations. The Mamba is known to work fine in say a very light Mini T.

In addition I would recomend Li-po's for BL setup they just work better and let the BL setup fly like you want anyway.

I hope this helps

RURC
01-04-2006, 02:28 AM
Trick

Lets just say that I have had great results running (racing) a Mamba controller in my B4 running a Aon. Faster than the Novak ss 5800 I had in it. Lighter and running longer. And Lithiums all the way. 8000 thunder power.

Singing: (to the tune of TOO SEXY)
Too much power for my car; much power for my car; much power by far

I need help

Trickpatrick
01-04-2006, 02:56 AM
Is it a Mamba or a new setup for 540 can 10th scales?

RURC
01-04-2006, 03:00 AM
Mamba not the MAXX. The little one you are running in (me too) in the small cars. Shawn will not let me have the maxx yet. Not running a 540 can try a 400.

Trickpatrick
01-04-2006, 03:06 AM
It sounded like you were saying you had it in a B4??

But I guess not anyway I know some people have had good enough results with Mamba and I am not dissing them per say.

I just found pretty much everyone at our local track have found them lacking in a H8.

I am glad yours works you dont have to buy something else!! :) :)

RURC
01-04-2006, 03:12 AM
Trickpatrick

Listen closely.

I have a MAMBA 25 in a B4 buggy (1/10) running a Aon motor. Not a 540 maxx set up. It runs great. I will supply photos to you if you wish. However I will have to cover the motor. Not ready for realase yet. No I do not work for Aon. He is in Arizona and I am in Florida.

Trickpatrick
01-04-2006, 03:21 AM
Very cool!!
I want to do something like that in a Speedmerchant rev 4
I have read that it has been tried and was crazy fast.

It seems like any Idea we have or hear of has been tried.

Thats a new one for me.

TNB
01-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Trickpatrick
No I do not work for Aon. He is in Arizona and I am in Florida.
Umm, the last I knew Steve was in SoCal.

RURC
01-04-2006, 11:26 PM
You are right. I am thinking of Troy at Bishop. Sorry.

pimpsmurf
01-04-2006, 11:47 PM
trying to figure out what to get for my H8
am I correct in saying the mamba 4900 motor runs hot and the aon4900 doesn't? or is it the ESC causing the problem?

I'm sold on the tekin mini rage and AON motor just cause I trust you guys but would like a little education too.:-)

To try to answer the original question, lol. I'm usually the one that goes way away from the task at hand... stupid ADD... What what I saying... Oh yeah. ;)

Mamba doesn't make a 4900, they do have a 5400 which has more heat issues than the Aon 4900. Of course the Aon has an insane amount of torque compared to the Mamba 5400, and the Hyperion 5000 is a cheaper alternative (still waiting on the head to head results on those two. Fly Hawk Fly!)

-JNY

auto2
01-05-2006, 11:03 PM
so ADD must be similar to what I call " a senior moment" like the other day I was racing and somehow( old age?) ended up looking at a different white car than mine! mine was in a corner banging up against the wall over and over!LOL!