PDA

View Full Version : My Prefex Tx can take rechargeables??

ofna
01-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Anyone experience this?I place recharge batt inside and it doesnt work when switch on.It accepts normal AA batts.And I also notice the reception getting poorer at distance .The recharge batts are fully charge//

bermbuster
01-01-2006, 04:27 PM
rechargeable batteries are only 1.2v vs alkalines 1.5v per cell. Maybe you dont have a good charge on them.

ofna
01-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Well,i tried with other batt.I doubt its the tx.anyway what kinda batt you using on the tx?

bcuzau
01-01-2006, 06:07 PM
In the stock transmitter I've used Nimh's with no prob.. maybe you have a bad cell ..

Good Luck,
Nam

bermbuster
01-01-2006, 06:37 PM
i use 8 aa alkalines from Ikea....they are only $1.99 for 10. In the tx i found that the alkalines work better with no problems because of the higher voltage. I do use rechargeables in my high end radios...they display the voltage and shutdown before I have issues. (JR radio)

ofna
01-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Hmm..thats weird.Cos i have try other rechargeables which are newer and it doesnt seem to work.iv used GP 1100mah and also sanyo2500mah rechargeables but it just doesnt work.It was working before with the GP batts.COuld it be the circuitry problem/?

bcuzau
01-01-2006, 08:14 PM
well try Alkalines.. if it still doesn't work then that means there's something else wrong with your electronics..

Good Luck,
Nam

bermbuster
01-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Im confused now.....which batteries are we talking about. The tx is your handheld radio. It uses 8 aa batteries.

The rx/esc uses a aa battery holder (6) unless you use a battery pack.

How are you charging your rechargeable batteries??? and where are you using them?

ofna
01-02-2006, 02:34 AM
I'm refering to my transmitter. I tried with my 8 AA rechargeable batteries and initially the transmitter was working. After a few rounds of playing, the indicator just went off. Then I tried with other rechargeable batteries and it still could not work. It now works only with normal AA alkaline batteries. So what do you think could be the problem?

Trickpatrick
01-02-2006, 02:43 AM
This sound's like your charger or charging method.

Sometimes it can also be just one battery that is bad.
Use a volt meter on each battery seperatly then again after failed use. One battery is probably going flat very fast.

If it happens only with rechagables then use a different charger and see what happens but checking each cell with voltmeter will be fastest way to find your problem.

mat3833
01-03-2006, 06:37 PM
im using energiser rechargables. 2500 mah baby!! i charge at 1.25 amps and they work great.

Matt

ofna
01-04-2006, 02:44 AM
TEsted the rechargeables on other TX and they are working.

Trickpatrick
01-04-2006, 02:53 AM
Ok this is getting wierd but I have a idea for you to try.

Check to see if the rechargable batteries are thicker around or larger in Dia.
Sometimes this happens and the batteries stick in the tray and dont slide freely. When this happens some or even just 1 has a bad contact because it is not pressing onto the one next to it enough.

Sometimes one of the spring's in the tray is weak and has trouble pushing the bigger batteries over enough. :confused:

ofna
01-04-2006, 06:54 AM
hhahaa...thanks.It is indeed getting weird.I believe my recharge batts are working fine because i test individual cells.Thanks for all ya inputs!!Keep it coming!My gut feeling says the fault lies in the tx circuitry.But if my AA works ,my recharge batts shld work too rite???Hmm... :confused:

Trickpatrick
01-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Yep your TX sound sfine it is probably something to do with your battery tray check it close.

If you can, try this, put regular batt's in it and then test the tray outputs for voltage then put in the rechargables and test again.

If you dont have a volt meter then use a light bulb or motor or fan see if you get a reaction. From each.

ofna
01-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Hi..i test the voltage across the tray for the normal AA alkaline batt.It shows voltage.But when i put across the rechargeable batts there is no voltage indication.There is voltage for every individual cell. :D

Trickpatrick
01-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Thats what I figured.
Now were are getting somewhere.
You have to look closely at the batteries while there in the tray.
Somewhere there is a gap where one battery is not touching another.
Or is not touching the end of the tray.
Slide them with your thumb and you will find the one. :)

ofna
01-10-2006, 01:30 AM
*sigh*exhausted all checks...wonder what is wrong.

Trickpatrick
01-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Is the tray removable?? If so try a different one.

ofna
01-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Finally,after numerous attempts I have found the ans.The rechargeables are charge using a Konnoc charger.Obviously, I am not aware that the charger doesnt seem to charge the batt fully.I have modify the existing 6cell batt pack from the inferno to use it as a charging pack for my apache charger.The batt does get warm.and when I place again on the prefex Tx,it works!!!! so there.Thank guys for all your help!