PDA

View Full Version : urc sport 42 question

Nitrolio
12-29-2005, 11:27 PM
yeah sorry im still a little new to electric. but i have a Superbrain 959, i know i should not charge more than 2.0 amps, but what about the mV, it can be selected from 20mv - 70mv or something, what should i use. thanks

DrVonHoSS
12-30-2005, 12:35 AM
yeah sorry im still a little new to electric. but i have a Superbrain 959, i know i should not charge more than 2.0 amps, but what about the mV, it can be selected from 20mv - 70mv or something, what should i use. thanks

I used to have that charger.. but almost remember nothing!

I believe those numbers you are refering to are used to decide when the pack is peaked. For example.. 20mv would be very conservative.. claiming the pack is peaked after only a 20mv voltage drop (as a pack peaks voltage will begin to drop). 70mv would not false peak as often but is more likely to slightly over charge the pack.

I now use a Triton charger. It false peaks all the time. I need to find my instruction book so I can program it with a higher mv value.

Hawk
12-30-2005, 12:50 AM
On United RC's site for the S42s they list under charging tips: Delta cutoff if adjustable- 3mv per cell. That is what I would use if I were using that pack and charger.
http://www.unitedrc.com/store/product.asp?BrandId=7&ID=210