PDA

View Full Version : servo jitter

tulsidas
12-27-2005, 01:34 AM
My steering servo jitters constantly irrespective if the car is idle or running. This makes steering inaccurate. Am using stock servo and electronics. Anybody face similar issue ? Any clues on how to fix this ?.

thnks !

bermbuster
12-27-2005, 02:01 AM
where is your antenna wire? The servo wires? motor wires? and the battery wires? You need to seperate them as best as you can. This is a big source of glitching/twitching......once you seperate them or if they are seperated already a strain on the servo will cause twitching also. Check the steering for binding.....pop off the ball cup at the servo...does the twitching go away? Yes check your steering. If it is still there you have an issue with your servo. Now you can check the wiring of the servo etc....

BitHed
12-27-2005, 02:13 AM
...KYOSHO has recommended setting the servo horn NOT 90 degrees but a little of an angle TOWARDS THE REAR...this will keep your steering centered...in theory...This might help...

tulsidas
12-27-2005, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I already tried popping off the ball cup at the servo...and the twitching doesnt go.

Will check the wires later tonite and see if it helps.

tulsidas
12-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Separated the wires by removing the battery and Antenna, the jitter does not go. Also tried powering off the wi-fi router in house and then moving to the car park (I know this is 2.4Ghz, however just in case) still no help.

I guess the next option is to try with new servo ? :confused:

bermbuster
12-27-2005, 11:29 AM
first look at the connector and how it plugs in. I would take the servo out and play with it.....open it up and put it back together.....what do you got to lose......

Trickpatrick
12-27-2005, 10:07 PM
If you can plug in a different servo and see if it jitters, also may not be servo could be reciever. Your LHS should be able to help you try this out any 4 plug servo could be used for testing.
FYI the Mini T servo is not the same as stock but could be pluged in for test.

tulsidas
12-28-2005, 08:41 AM
first look at the connector and how it plugs in. I would take the servo out and play with it.....open it up and put it back together.....what do you got to lose......

I tried this but dint help. The jitter is more pronounced in idle position, when turned to left or right it is much lesser.

Google search led me to the faq section on hitec website, which mentions servo jitter maybe caused by a dirty POT. However when the stock servo is opened all that can be seen is a v.small PCB attached to the motor.

hope to try a new servo this weekend or next.