PDA

View Full Version : Hoss, how about some tips?

Hikari no Tenshi
12-25-2005, 08:40 PM
I've been painting RC bodies for about a year now... off and on really, but at any rate, I have a CP2 for the Inferno coming and I realized... i've never painted anything quite this small. Any tips for a first time mini painter?

EphiDelt490
12-25-2005, 10:17 PM
Don't get in over your head. Paint what you are comfortable doing and it's just as easy as anything else :). Take your time, that's the key.

-Adam

Hikari no Tenshi
12-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Lol, I can paint just about anything. The gear cover looked tempting if that gives you any idea. But i've also learned that every body has its little quirks. Areas that are hard to spray, complex curves that are harder to mask, that kind of thing. I'm just anxious to get spraying again.

DrVonHoSS
12-26-2005, 12:34 AM
I use liquid mask. It works great. It takes a little time to get good at using it though (at least that was my experience).

Ive painted so many bodies now I don't even think twice about what I'm doing. I can almost cut liquid mask in my sleep!

No matter which method you use for masking.. theres no real tricks. The bodies are the same to paint as the larger bodies.. but the nice thing is you use about 1/4 of the paint.

gopher
12-26-2005, 01:57 AM
how much does liquid mask run?

DrVonHoSS
12-26-2005, 03:19 AM
i buy it by the quart.. at $18

im sure you could get a small container for $5

Hawk
12-26-2005, 03:26 AM
how much does liquid mask run?
If you use a coarse hair bristle brush, it doesn't run much. Some can spay it but I still like to brush it on. :cool:

EphiDelt490
12-26-2005, 03:56 AM
I brush mine on too. It doesn't run at all when I do it; the stuff is pretty thick. As for price, I pay $5.49 for a small bottle of Bob Dively's and $14 for the large bottle.

-Adam

Hikari no Tenshi
12-26-2005, 08:48 AM
Yeah, i've used Dively's for quite some time. It's nice when you're doing more complex designs. Brushing it is definitely the way to go. Unfortunately, I think i'm out at the moment. I'll have to see if I have some left or if I can order some. I just get the biggest bottle. Lasts 8-10 normal sized bodies. The secret of LM is to be sloppy. The sloppier you are, the better your results will be.

DrVonHoSS
12-27-2005, 04:12 AM
The secret of LM is to be sloppy. The sloppier you are, the better your results will be.

This is true.