PDA

View Full Version : Battery Selection

Hikari no Tenshi
12-25-2005, 04:15 AM
URC batteries seem to be the way to go. The question is... X42s or S42s? Will I see that much of a difference between the two? I just want to make sure i'm justified in spending the extra cash on the Xtremes. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated too.

bermbuster
12-25-2005, 01:23 PM
right now with the sale you cannot go wrong with sport packs.....especially if you are running a brushed motor. The reason the x packs cost more is they are simply the best nimh pack. The x packs are the ticket for brushless motors. I saw in another post you plan on running aa alkalines the sport pack will double the speed........

Hawk
12-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I look at batteries like it is the fuel and delivery system, say of an internal combustion engine. If you want to tootle around town, it is not important if you use cheap gas and have stock skinny fuel lines and a weak pump.
If you are running a Top Fuel Dragster then your fuel costs are the same as most other people engine costs, your fuel lines are the size of the chassis tubes on some cars and you could pump out New Orleans after a huricane.
It all depends on what you want to do. Go fast or cruise.

Fat wires, Deans Ultras and packs that dump at 30+Amps matter if you can use that with your suck the juice out the orange without wrinkling the skin, big hp brushless motor and arch welding esc. Just be careful, you might burn your fingers. :cool:

Hikari no Tenshi
12-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Sounds like the Xtreme packs are the way to go. It'll allow me to expand into brushless should the itch hit me, which is probably will since everyone with Mini-Ts at the track are already itching for mambas. And it'll also give me plenty of power on my Rocket 400 when it arrives. As far as AAs go, I really just want to see the car move and it's a cheap option. Plus I doubt USPS is good enough to get me packs before Friday with enough time to throw them on a charger and get them ready. I like to cycle new batteries a couple of times although I noticed URC does that already. Thanks for advice guys, now I just have to wait until the bank opens tomorrow.

mat3833
12-25-2005, 06:09 PM
oh and you will go brushles, it is just a matter of time before you turn to the power of the dark side!! *insert maniacal laugh*

Matt

Hikari no Tenshi
12-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Hahaha. For right now i'm looking for economical fun and something to do on Fridays. I'm trying to get the chassis competitive without going over what most people spend on their Mini-T Pros locally, thereby proving the viability of the class. So far i'm doing pretty good in that respect. I'm not sure my track is big enough for a BL Inferno. I mean it's pretty big, but it's still a micro track.

Hawk
12-25-2005, 10:28 PM
You are on the right track, get a decent battery setup and start working out the chassis parts for durability then work on parts that will help you turn better or go faster. Crawl, walk, run. Been that way for a million years.
:cool: