PDA

View Full Version : mamba 4200?

gopher
12-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Anyone know if this is even worth it? I have an XBox f/s f/t and someone offered me a mini t with some hop ups and a mamba 4200 + mamba esc and a couple batteries

doitdoit
12-23-2005, 12:52 PM
go for it On the other hand would you be willing to trade your mini inferno for a super clean vmg with stock radio, bearings, and oil shocks if interested llet me know on one18th I am phone6

gopher
12-23-2005, 02:00 PM
naw, not gonna sell or trade my car anymore. I did this enough already and need to stick with one. and the community here is a big help :)

would trade you my xbox for the vmg tho :)

Trickpatrick
12-23-2005, 04:22 PM
I think you are on somewhat of a budget if so dont trade for Mamba stuff the mamba is a bit iffy on torque for a Half8 and you will have to buy again most likly :(

gopher
12-23-2005, 07:15 PM
thanks TP. I just bought hubs and shocks today. realised ya, I don't need to get mamba + esc, what I really need is charger that can handle 8 cells =\

kind of need to save up for one that can do lipo too I guess

was hoping my next drop of $$$ would be for a pitbull :)

bermbuster
12-23-2005, 08:14 PM
hey gopher........im glad you decided to keep it.....since you plan on being in the hobby for a while get a good charger. For $50 you can get the duratrax pirahna digital charger. Works great on nimh and nicads(1-8 cells)....it is 110v or 12vdc. The mamba doesnt need lipos to work well. You can use gp1100s or intellect1200s. You can invest one step at a time and not feel the drain on your wallet.....

gopher
12-24-2005, 03:36 AM
do you think that the mamba 4200 would be a good move from the speed 400 6v though.

I figured it would and I would just throw the graupner in the mini t and try to find a really cheap radio.

maybe it would so I would at least have a good esc right? sigh =\ lol.. man.. I got jipped on this last trade =\

RURC
12-27-2005, 11:27 PM
do you think that the mamba 4200 would be a good move from the speed 400 6v though.

I figured it would and I would just throw the graupner in the mini t and try to find a really cheap radio.

maybe it would so I would at least have a good esc right? sigh =\ lol.. man.. I got jipped on this last trade =\

The 4200 is going to be better then the others. Since it has more torque you should find it supplying good power. I have not run one in a H8 but I have had it in a RC18T. Not the fastest one but tons of torque. If you have the option put in the Aon. It more closely matches the extra weight of the H8. If you put one of those $15 heatsinks on the CM20 4200 motor there should not be a temp problem. However still watch it.