PDA

View Full Version : Sick of comparisons.

WhoMe
04-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Im just going to rant..for the sake of ranting. In alot of the forums I see people wanting to compare the Mini-777 to the RC18T. Most if not all seem hell bent on pushing the arguement that the Mini777 would never beat the RC18T. I read these comments and i just...shake my head? Who are these people?...Thats like racing a 1/10 scale buggy agaisnt a 1/18th scale Buggy??? Its apples and oranges. Its two different classes of vehicle...period. Out of the box the Mini 777 isnt race ready....thats a commonly known fact to all of us who own one. But really most if not all the RTR RC18T racers that I know change motors and batteries and even electronics as soon as they get thier cars..so they can be RACE ready. Why is everyone so surprised to hear that the Mini-777 would require the same treatment? These are micro cars..most companies barely even consider this scale. Ive come to accept the fact that RTR electronics suck..who hasnt?..who didnt know that the thing was gonna move slowly on six AA batts and combo esc-receiver unit? I think the people that are excited about the Mini777 arent excited about them because of thier RTR electronics. Most of us are excited because its a shrunken 1/8th scale chassis. One of the most stable and squat racing platforms in RC. Those who have put the heat in the Mini777 can attest to it's handling potential and its behavior in flight. Once we get the power into these cars I challenge an RC18T to keep up...regardless of it's upgrades.

RURC
04-06-2005, 08:33 PM
You are correct in everything you said. However let me put you at rest right now. My RC18T is fully modded and I am working on the H8. In my driving impressions now the H8 is going to end up chewing up and spitting out the RC18T. I can duplicate lap times now with no more than 5 tenths of a second and I haven't even put on stablizers and completed the balanceing of the H8 yet. I also have only done 7 full laps with it. This will come close to getting the same times I can get with my B4. That is the benchmark I am working toward. My b4 is fully modded also with Novak 5800 BL Multiplex rec and digital servo, and with 2 cell LiPo's, full coil over shocks, stablizers ETC. Right now I have the H8 with Yokoma 1/12 scale coil over shocks, Mamba 6800, Multiplex rec and digital wing servo and trinity pinions. I have modded the shock towers to handle the punnishment I deliver and it works great.

Let them whine while I run them over. :D

mpetrich
04-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey Whome, well said!
I have a fully "blown" RC18T and love it but I have spent too many dollars :eek: to get it race ready. It is a great platform but from what I have seen with my Half8 so far, this platform has MUCH more potential than the RC18T. It seems that the Half8 will be MUCH MORE stable at speed and the tuning options are just ridiculous! I have built a lot of RC models in the past (like most of us have) and the Half8 is probably the slickest car I have ever worked on. I think the BIG difference with the release of the Mini T, the RC18T and the Half8 is that the EVERYONE (well, almost everyone) bought a good battery pack when they purchased the Mini T or the RC18T. With the different battery config in the Half8 and not a lot of options yet for good batteries (I hope my 8 cell Team Helotes pack comes in today!) alot of people are running the Half8 on AA's. Put the same batteries in the Mini T or the RC18T and you will have a very uneventful race of turtles.
Thanks,
Matt

WhoMe
04-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the support fellas. I would hate to see this class be overlooked because of premature judgements by people who dont know all the facts. And RURC thats CRAZY...Im very pleased to hear the car is putting down those kinds of lap times for you. It re-affirms my confifence in the Mini-777's potential on the race track.

BitHed
04-06-2005, 09:04 PM
(BitHed rolls up his sleeves)

...Oh so many points but oh so little time...Let me begin...I love a good rant now and then...

...The H8 blew my mind just by taking it out of the box...The 18T is a great platform...Straightforward construction, easy to understand, strong and fast stock...It has its issues but dont they all...

...The battery thing is the biggest point i think...AAs are fine for the total RC newbie...I ran one pack through...The 18T came stock with a nice NiMH pack, albeit a crappy charger, so would never really think of running AAs on an 18T...If it DID come stock with AAs then everybody would STILL be complaining...If the H8 came stock with NiMH then i dont think we would be having this conversation...

...The H8 is so strong...It is taking hits which crippled my 18T...At the shop yesterday we had one SPINNING sideways through the air of a jump but which ended apbrutly with an iron table leg...Sickening noise on impact and then the scatter on hitting the ground...She rolled, sat right up and drove away...This is a shop FULL of hardcore guys who thrash and we all just smiled at each other silently...If that was the 18T we would be going home with a handful of 'bits' (pun not intended)...

...As WhoMe says, its based on one of the BEST 'full' scale platforms on the planet...They even moulded in the REAL servo mount of the BIG 777, the whole above the servo, which is purely cosmetic, put they MUST have known the greatness even before they started...

...The potential of this platform is OUTSTANDING...Words dont describe it...

...I get users maling me everyday asking which is better...STOCK is 18T for sure but the H8 catches up to and passes the 18T SO quickly that 'stock' is a moot point...Mod for mod, improvement for improvement the Mini Inferno merely squashes the 18T as it strolls by...Walk softly and carry a big MinFerno...a NEW standard is born...

fasteddie
04-07-2005, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE=
...The potential of this platform is OUTSTANDING...Words dont describe it...

.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, the goal posts have been moved yet again....... :cool:

A Hardcore mini for someone who know's there RC's
:D

hkopium
04-08-2005, 12:37 AM
H8 and Mini-T are both great cars. Why bother to argue?

My idea of a better performance car = how much money you invest into it :D I think most stock cars (1/8 - 1/32) sucks in performance. Upgrades, hop-ups, modification skill, creativity... all counts.

I bought H8 because of its style, 1/16 ratio, and jumping performance. :)

alfreddajero
04-08-2005, 02:19 AM
but then again you still cant compare both RC's.....one's a buggy and the other is a stadium truck....So in the real not one of the two mentioned can be better then the other. Now if we were to compare two different buggies of the same scale that would be a different story would'nt it. :D

RURC
04-08-2005, 03:19 AM
H8 and Mini-T are both great cars. Why bother to argue?

My idea of a better performance car = how much money you invest into it :D I think most stock cars (1/8 - 1/32) sucks in performance. Upgrades, hop-ups, modification skill, creativity... all counts.

I bought H8 because of its style, 1/16 ratio, and jumping performance. :)

We started comparing it to the RC18T not the Mini T. To try and compair the H8 to a Mini T is to far fetched. But the comparison to a RC18T is better. At least they both have 4WD. Also look at the 1/8 trucks (except the Revo and a couple others) they ate based on a buggy. With bigger tires and different gearing. So the RC18T and the H8 could be logically compaired. But with reality being what it is. The H8 will maul the RC18T. I have all 3 of these little wonders and they are all different ways to skin the same cat. I really like the Mini T because it is 2WD. It is so fun to set it into a drift through a long corner then nail it when getting straight and pulling a wheelie. Now the RC18T is very hard to drift. It is what I call a point and squirt. You point it that-a-way and squirt the gass and you are there. The H8 will drift and can also point and squirt. Is has enouf mass to follow the path exactly, but it is also light enouf to allow 4 wheel drifting. The fun part is doing it with full opposit lock on the wheel.

Fun Fun Fun till I have to mow the lawn :D

halfEIGHT
04-08-2005, 09:22 PM
I think the "World Champion DNA" on the box kind of sums it up - its' a half-scale reproduction of a race-bred platform! :cool: