PDA

View Full Version : halfEIGHT.com Bearings

halfEIGHT
04-06-2005, 06:17 PM
hE will be doing bearings for the Mini Inferno as we have with all of our other platforms; we'll be doing the usual Dry and Enduros, and will also consider some other seal and bearing types - let us know if there's anything specific you'd like to see - thanks! :)

tornacl90rx7
04-12-2005, 09:12 AM
What size bearings do we need ... any chance of a ceramic bearing ???

macmaxx
04-12-2005, 03:25 PM
yes ceramic (better say hybrid) bearing would be very nice.

less (no) lubbrication is needed in these bearing that means less friction->more fun :D

halfEIGHT
04-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Cool, will do. :)

BitHed
04-14-2005, 07:15 AM
...(BitHed makes mental note to pick up ceramic bearing sets)...

macmaxx
04-14-2005, 05:21 PM
dont get me wrong.

they are diffrent bearings called "ceramic-bearing"

cermaic bearings are made complete out of ceramic....the inner ring, the outer ring an the balls

in hybrid bearings are just the balls out of ceramic...the rest (outer an inner ring) ist still from steel ;)

Hawk
04-14-2005, 06:46 PM
dont get me wrong.

they are diffrent bearings called "ceramic-bearing"

cermaic bearings are made complete out of ceramic....the inner ring, the outer ring an the balls

in hybrid bearings are just the balls out of ceramic...the rest (outer an inner ring) ist still from steel ;)

The hybrid ceramics I have see are ceramic balls with 20% or so steel balls. Everything else is steel. inner, outer, and ball ring.

On my MP777s I use Acer ceramic nitride pro series bearings. http://www.acerracing.com/bearings.html
No failures, low maintenance. And if you don't like paying the money for ceramics, they have more conventional bearings too.
I am waiting for the arrival of my H8 to get a complete list of of bearings and sizes to order from them.

macmaxx
04-14-2005, 08:55 PM
yeah...just want to avoid bithad makes a false mantal notice ;)

not 100% ceramic bearings...they majorly called hybrid bearings ;)

just with cermic (call it silizium nitrid if you want) balls...rest ist made out of steel ;)

tornacl90rx7
04-15-2005, 04:41 AM
Man I need some good bearing s.. the Losi Mini T bearings I ahd to use are killin me ... LOSI parts in this fine example of Japanese ingenuity :eek:

BitHed
04-15-2005, 07:08 AM
...we have a local maker who does some drop-dead sexy ceramic bearings...for some unknown reason the company is called SQUAT but the bearings are next to none...I can get some funky gold coloured ones too but they are hellishly expensive...but as someone mentioned they are prett much maintenance free...plug and play :D

Hawk
04-15-2005, 07:29 AM
...we have a local maker who does some drop-dead sexy ceramic bearings...for some unknown reason the company is called SQUAT but the bearings are next to none...I can get some funky gold coloured ones too but they are hellishly expensive...but as someone mentioned they are prett much maintenance free...plug and play :D

Mr. Hed, does that reference to gold mean they are TiN coated? Some times it is called nitrited, a very hard coating used on shock shafts and drill bits mostly. If so what exactly would 'hellishly expensive' be in USD? complete set for H8, shipped to Cali?
Thanks.
hAWK :cool:

BitHed
04-15-2005, 10:28 AM
...aww probably WAY too much for you Hawk but i will look into it :p I started to previously but i couldnt find any 840's...I will get on it again though...