PDA

View Full Version : 2100ni-mh aa cells ?

gopher
12-21-2005, 01:24 AM
Are these worth a crap? Just wondering as this is what the guy I bought this from used? I want to say they are either 2v or 4v?

bermbuster
12-21-2005, 10:32 PM
nimh aa cells are 1.2v per cell. If you have 8 of em they are good for your tx.....

Hawk
12-21-2005, 10:40 PM
nimh aa cells are 1.2v per cell. If you have 8 of em they are good for your tx.....
I agree.
:cool:

DrVonHoSS
12-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Are these worth a crap? Just wondering as this is what the guy I bought this from used? I want to say they are either 2v or 4v?

There 1.2volts (as previously mentioned). They are good.. only problem is.. you can only fit 6 of them into your HALF8. I personally run 7 cells but would recommend 8 cells. I have a Novak Spy and I'm not sure if it can handle 8 Cells.

Use those AAs in your TX.

gopher
12-22-2005, 05:09 PM
will I see a difference in performance too than with the urc sport? I mean, 17.50 and workin on the slip in my differential should really show somethin right?

heh... I wish I wasn't a noob.

I guess I could do the mod that Thomas P. showed on one18th and use straight sticks?

Trickpatrick
12-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Go with URC Sport for now that is your best bet for $ spent for now.
If you are a noobie dont start moving everything.
Work with what you have. 8 cells and an Xspeed motor will make a big differance for not much effort till you feel more comfortable with changing everthing and spending big $ on ESC's BL and LI-pos.

Their are tons of Ideas here just be careful about tearing everthing up just to make something a little different work.

gopher
12-22-2005, 05:49 PM
I use a speed 400 right now :)

so I think I have the power, just need the battery and adjustment on the slip... the slip is what scares me the most.

Trickpatrick
12-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Just do a search on slipper ,thier is alot of good advice here on what to do.
I think alot of us are pretty much locking them up.

My fix after a bunch of experiments is to use a black neoprem washer ( hardware store in plumbing section 1/4 size is close) in place of the chrome washer make it the right size and thickness. Then use a bushing out of the slipper gear where you put in bearings. Put it in place of the spring which is useless. Use the 2 washers like on the spring.Then tighten up useing a towel to hold gears still, after you have it all put together in the buggy. :)