PDA

View Full Version : MP777 SP2 Truggy announced

Hawk
12-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Kyosho has this teaser on their website now.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/news2.asp

:cool:

BiGRoB21
12-16-2005, 10:57 PM
y cant they be like normal ppl and take the rockguards off so the body dosent look like poo

EphiDelt490
12-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Hopefully it's better than the MSR conversions for the MBX5. The Jammin X1-CRT is by far the best truggy I have seen on the track. The Mugen truggy looks like it doesn't have a wide enough wheelbase to be competitive with the full-on truggies. Hawk, do you run any droop in the Kyosho buggy?

-Adam

Hawk
12-17-2005, 01:33 AM
I don't even put the set screws in the arms any more. The travel is limited by the shocks. Mostly I tune that by the static ride height. I use all the travel it can get. When we were out doors, it was a big jump, long straight track with many rutted areas. It was a real challenge. I used lots of travel with a little softer shock oil, 35wt in rear, 50wt in front. I took all the camber change out of the rear so that when the suspension compressed it tended to loosen the rear end abit.
Now that we have move indoors, the track is very technical and the longest straight is less than 50ft. lots of short straights between table tops, one round so that you come of sideways the the next turn. It even has a tunnel.
I am dropping the ride height and will bump the shock oil to stiffen a bit, probably 55wt front, 45wt rear. The surface is packing hard and has lots of clay, almost a dirt oval like surface.

EphiDelt490
12-17-2005, 01:36 AM
Nice, just curious because I have never encountered a track yet where droop was necessary on any offroad 1/8 buggy I've driven. Best of luck to you guys this weekend!

-Adam

Hawk
12-17-2005, 01:41 AM
Hopefully it's better than the MSR conversions for the MBX5. The Jammin X1-CRT is by far the best truggy I have seen on the track. The Mugen truggy looks like it doesn't have a wide enough wheelbase to be competitive with the full-on truggies. Hawk, do you run any droop in the Kyosho buggy?

-Adam

Adam, The truggy turn out is tremendous for our indoor season. There are just a few less Truggys that Expert Buggys. They are about evenly split between Mugen mbx5 conversions and Jammin Truggys. X1-CRT looks good out there. I think the fastest truggys are as fast or faster than the expert truggys.
I am hopeful about the Kyosho truggy because they went with diff gearing change instead of huge spur cutting down on the spinning inertia of that big steel gear. It is bad enough with the big tires and wheels.
The Kyosho is doing it with wider plastic arms like the X1-CRT. The Mugens need the Native Racing arms or something else to get the travel they need. I am sure it will be pretty worked out by the time Silver State rolls around. :cool:

Sorry, I am being prarochial. I see the world through the West Coast races. I am sure the season opens where you are with another regional race other than the Silver State. :rolleyes: