PDA

View Full Version : Look what Santa brought me ahead of time

plain_simple
12-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Yeppers... finnaly i managed to get one of this!
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/plain_simple64/777truggy.jpg

This is my new puppy... a 777 Sp1 Truggy with the MSR-777T kit that i bought on ebay yesterday :)
Will be horse feeding her with a OS 30 that will be leaving Japan soon soon... right Bitty?! ;)
Guess i'm gona need some Hawk's advise since he's the expert on that so... Hawk, all coments are welcome
Cant wait for all that to get here and start driving her on those truggy tracks, its gona be a really great 2006 for sure :cool:

mat3833
12-14-2005, 03:07 PM
nice!!!!

Matt

Hawk
12-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Plain,
That looks great. We went racing last weekend for the first time in about a month. There were more truggys than 1/8 buggys. And they were fast. I am still waiting for Kyosho to get the ST-s out so I can run that. I guess I am a a K-guy at heart.

Love those Truggys.

You are going to have so much fun. :cool:

plain_simple
12-15-2005, 02:14 AM
Yepp... i like that "fun" word :D
Maybe i'll need some support on the setup because for sure this got to be way far from the buggy setup.
Cant wait to have it here Hawk ;)

EphiDelt490
12-21-2005, 03:49 AM
That thing looks good plain :). Looks practically identical to the MSR Mugen kit. I've got a buddy who is pretty fast with the Mugen MSR setup if you want me to get that setup for you?

-Adam

plain_simple
12-21-2005, 12:19 PM
That IS a MSR set for the 777 Sp1 Adam, so the Mugen setup could be a good basic setup to start with.
It isnt here yet so i'm ansious to see it and even more to get it on the track :rolleyes:

EphiDelt490
12-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah I knew it was the MSR 777, just saying that it looks identical to the Mugen setup. I'll get that setup for the MBX5 Truggy and shoot it your way.

-Adam

plain_simple
12-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks Adam i will much apreciate that :)

BiGRoB21
12-21-2005, 02:14 PM
you should have got the jammin x1-crt. ;)

plain_simple
12-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Yeah i could have got one of those but that would mean buying a new set of spare parts for the Jammin.
This way i got the truggy and a way to use all the stuff and spare parts that were getting dusty at home from the former Sp1 i started last season with and was upgraded to sp2 ;)

Hawk
12-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Yeah i could have got one of those but that would mean buying a new set of spare parts for the Jammin.
This way i got the truggy and a way to use all the stuff and spare parts that were getting dusty at home from the former Sp1 i started last season with and was upgraded to sp2 ;)
I am waiting (somewhat patiently) for the Kyosho Truggy. I have many spares for MP7.5 MP777 that I can use to support that chassis and don't have to maintain two stocks. Racing makes it a problem because I need to carry so much stuff already with one class/chassis. Another manufaturer's chassis would make it a real problem. :cool:

plain_simple
12-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Thats it hawk.. same problem i have thats why i decided to buy that truggy ;) The MSR chassis uses all the parts from the 777 except for the one's include on the MSR kit obviously so between this one and the still to come Kyosho 777 truggy the only difference is the main chassis, the full long arms and the cvd's. Thing was that i didnt wanted to wait all that long (the word here in Europe is that it will be only available in March of next year after the Nuremberg Exposhow alhough there's already some photos of Mr. Kanai testing one on the net) and i can get some practice and the hang of it before the season restart since the weather here has been great...
bottom line is... i cant wait for it to get here! :rolleyes:

Hawk
12-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Thats it hawk.. same problem i have thats why i decided to buy that truggy ;) The MSR chassis uses all the parts from the 777 except for the one's include on the MSR kit obviously so between this one and the still to come Kyosho 777 truggy the only difference is the main chassis, the full long arms and the cvd's. Thing was that i didnt wanted to wait all that long (the word here in Europe is that it will be only available in March of next year after the Nuremberg Exposhow alhough there's already some photos of Mr. Kanai testing one on the net) and i can get some practice and the hang of it before the season restart since the weather here has been great...
bottom line is... i cant wait for it to get here! :rolleyes:
Now I can't wait too. Since the ST-s (the RTR version) won't ship yesterday, I can get the MSR kit, no problem, I have the technology and parts to build it, or get a Jammin. I am less than happy with Kyosho America at the moment so I am not making a decision until after the 1st of the new year.
I may go the msr path. Then get the native racing setup with the longer arms (alum.) to get that right. I hate to use the darn big heavy ctr diff. gear but the choice is don't race a truggy this year or run what is out there now. Sucks. :cool:

EphiDelt490
12-22-2005, 05:21 PM
My vote is for the Jammin. OFNA parts are cheap and practically available everywhere down here. I'm waiting on the Xray and Kyosho Truggy to make a final decision as far as that is concerned.

-Adam

plain_simple
12-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Hawk is right and thatw a sthe main reason why i bought the truggy.

Adam i dont think that X-ray will have any truggy available in the nearest times and going for the Ofna, the way i am, would mean buying 2 truggys, since i always have a full one for spare parts and thats too much of an investment right now so i'm happy with what i bought... saved me money and allowed me to use parts i thought it would end on the bottom of a bag :p

EphiDelt490
12-22-2005, 09:52 PM
I think Xray will have a truggy sooner than you may think ;)...

plain_simple
12-23-2005, 01:34 AM
i dont thing sooooo... :D