PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Hey!

45tr0
12-14-2005, 09:01 AM
Hey Folks!

Some of you (bitpimps) might know me, others might be luckier. ;)
Anyway, I finally decided to step up outta the 1:64's, and had been checking out the 1:18 scale stuff for a while. I was tossing up between the half-eight, mini-T and rc18t - but 2wd ruled out the mini-T, i'd heard from others who had durability and practicality issues with the 18t, plus once i saw the half-eight i knew i HAD to have it. So today I dropped $100 deposit on a half-eight at my LHS here in Brisbane, and will be paying off the rest after christmas.

This is my first venture larger than 1:64, so it's gonna be a steep learning curve! I'm off to do some reading!

BitHed
12-14-2005, 10:24 AM
...45tro...welcome to the madness mate...Man this place sure has it fair share of aussies ;) You SHOULD be able to find everything you need in here...and if we dont have it written down somewhere it will surely be in somones brain!! Whatever comes up ask the boards and you will be flooded with smart-ass remarks ;) BTW did you get the buggy or the STADIUM TRUCK? Not that im biased or anything ;)

45tr0
12-14-2005, 10:37 PM
i got the buggy - i have a thing for trucks too, but i have a bigger thing for not getting kicked out by my old lady for spending too much on toys!

holy_inferno
12-16-2005, 03:30 AM
Welcome to halfEIGHT.com Forums! :) ...With the thread title "Howdy Hey!", I would've thought that you were an American, never heard an Aussie say that before... :D

BTW, how much does the Mini Inferno cost (in AUD) over there?