PDA

View Full Version : In case you don't like auto-checking for updates...

pimpsmurf
12-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Castle Creations has a new castle link version with a new mamba ESC update:

http://www.castlecreations.com/downloads/frh-mamba.html

Release Notes
1.03b Beta 11/30/05
Significantly Improved startup and low
RPM operation
Eliminated cogging in most setups
Added Drag Brake option with full variability
Added Punch Control to decrease off the line punch to aid in controllability
Separated brake and reverse throttle strength
Added ability to set brake and reverse throttle strength to any value between 0% and 100%

Drag brake! woot! Separate brake and reverse! woot! More configurable strength. and "Eliminated cogging in most setups"

HI-YA!

Happy days are here again... loading... loading... tweeking... *dashes for the driveway*

*EDIT*
Hot damn! 5 settings for timing advance! Punch control is neet for you Mini-T freaks! =)

-JNY

mat3833
12-09-2005, 11:58 PM
YAY!!! now all i need is a castle link....

Matt

Hawk
12-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Castle Creations has a new castle link version with a new mamba ESC update:

http://www.castlecreations.com/downloads/frh-mamba.html

Release Notes
1.03b Beta 11/30/05
Significantly Improved startup and low
RPM operation
Eliminated cogging in most setups
Added Drag Brake option with full variability
Added Punch Control to decrease off the line punch to aid in controllability
Separated brake and reverse throttle strength
Added ability to set brake and reverse throttle strength to any value between 0% and 100%

Drag brake! woot! Separate brake and reverse! woot! More configurable strength. and "Eliminated cogging in most setups"

HI-YA!

Happy days are here again... loading... loading... tweeking... *dashes for the driveway*

*EDIT*
Hot damn! 5 settings for timing advance! Punch control is neet for you Mini-T freaks! =)

-JNY
Here is a great opportunity that Castle hasn't exploited nearly enough. The ability to download updates to the software and correct user discovered problems is powerful.
The public should almost require this on all esc's. In other words, 'Don't leave home without it.'
:cool:

mat3833
12-10-2005, 12:33 AM
ok does any one happen to have, say an extra castle link laying around? i wouldnt mind forking out the cash to get it. variable brake, reverse and punch control..... its a dream come true.

Matt

plain_simple
12-10-2005, 02:49 AM
i think that the best feature in all those is the "Eliminated cogging in most setups"... at least they do addmit it coggs, thats already a huge step ahead and its nice to see companys addmiting the truth.. a lot of firms dont! (did i heard smoking one's?!) ;)

pimpsmurf
12-10-2005, 05:28 AM
It doesn't cogg with the old firmware and the Hyperion 6000. Flawless performance. The new firmware is so much better with my mamba 6.8k that it ate my center diff! =)

-JNY

ride1226
12-12-2005, 11:29 AM
man i cant wait to download that when i get home...is sounds great...

*wait...when i get home...im not on a school pc doing things i shouldnt be am i...lol

BiGRoB21
12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
i uploaded it to my esc... but i have to find some washers to put under my motor mount to get the correct mesh with the 11t pinion

mat3833
12-12-2005, 02:23 PM
im getting my castle link today. my LHS has them. then i can update my mamba and vroooooom im off.

Matt

plain_simple
12-12-2005, 02:50 PM
It doesn't cogg with the old firmware and the Hyperion 6000. Flawless performance. The new firmware is so much better with my mamba 6.8k that it ate my center diff! =)
mmmm... if it ate your center diff thats not a good thing... :rolleyes:
for how long did you test it and how low were your packs when you finish the test, usually cogging gets more persistent at the end of the runtime... i will run a test as soon i rebuild my car and i'm very curious about it :cool:

mat3833
12-12-2005, 03:19 PM
what size is the hyperions shaft? 2mm?

Matt

mat3833
12-12-2005, 09:10 PM
ok just got the link and updated the mamba, but my pinion went bad..... now i need a pinion so i can run!!! grrr stupid things.

Matt