PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filled Shocks.

WhoMe
04-06-2005, 04:34 AM
I got the Oil filled shocks from Bit and all i can say is if those shocks are any indicator of the kinds of hop-ups Kyosho is going to put out for this Buggy...We are in luck...those shocks are BUTTER! Easy to build..great fit and finish and ultra smooth piston action. Good work Kyosho..and thanks for getting them out to me Bit.

WhoMe
04-06-2005, 05:14 AM
But lets get specific..what wait Oil are you guys using?

hkopium
04-06-2005, 05:18 AM
I got the Oil filled shocks from Bit and all i can say is if those shocks are any indicator of the kinds of hop-ups Kyosho is going to put out for this Buggy...We are in luck...those shocks are BUTTER! Easy to build..great fit and finish and ultra smooth piston action. Good work Kyosho..and thanks for getting them out to me Bit.

What oil damper (Brand and originally for what car) did u installed?

As far as I know, the Kyosho H8 ones will not be available in market until May.

BitHed
04-06-2005, 05:19 AM
...I am still using SUPER BOING 101 :) No oil shox yet...I sell them but i cant afford my own yet :( LOL...

...whoMe what weight is stock? ie supplied with them?

hkopium
04-06-2005, 05:58 AM
...I am still using SUPER BOING 101 :) No oil shox yet...I sell them but i cant afford my own yet :( LOL...

...whoMe what weight is stock? ie supplied with them?

Super Bonic 101? Any pic? Exact same size as the H8 stock?

BitHed
04-06-2005, 06:00 AM
...Opium relax mate :D I am still using stock shox...Oil next week...

WhoMe
04-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I used the oil that came with the shocks. It isnt heavy enough; I dont know what weight it is because it doesnt say it on the Bottle or its written in Japanese and I dont understand it. The car can withstand a minimal drop without grounding out (About a one ft drop).The shocks themselves are top notch but I think the oil that they come with is too light..Time to go with somthing alittle heavier for those three and four foot drops Im looking at.

BitHed
04-09-2005, 04:02 AM
...WhoMe...yes an important point...I too beleive its too light...its the same oil they provide with the MMini Z oil shox for crying out loud !!

...I can only compare to TAMIYA because thats all i have...the KYOSHO #300 is ABOUT a TAMIYA RED #200 oil...#300 ORANGE is harder and #400 YELLOW is harder again...Think Cherry, Orange and Lemon...I will be riding the 'stock' weight today but I think i will be swapping up to LEMON...

...FYI the writing on the pack, in order from top to bottom says...

Silicon Oil #300...
Not to be used for anything else except diff and dampers...
Keep out of reach of children...

chrille
04-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Think im gonna use Associateds 40 weight oil later, but thats later.... dont wanna take apart the shocks now and the put em togheter again just to change oil! :p

TNB
04-10-2005, 11:01 PM
I used 35, but it might be too heavy though I can also change the springs. I'll find out soon since the LiPo charger just beeped.

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album623/H8_13_Shocks2.jpg

MGTfix
04-13-2005, 10:29 PM
I used ASC 40wt in the front and 35wt in the rear, I also used the 2c(1.3mm) pistons instead of the 2b(1.4mm) pistons for a little stiffer feel without using 50 wt oil. The Kyosho shocks also come with 3 hole pistons and for reference the 3A piston has a 1.25mm hole and the 3B has a 1.15mm hole, this was measured with a carb jet measuring tool. I am going to give this setup a try before going to a heavier oil.

Hawk
04-13-2005, 11:14 PM
:rolleyes:
I used ASC 40wt in the front and 35wt in the rear, I also used the 2c(1.3mm) pistons instead of the 2b(1.4mm) pistons for a little stiffer feel without using 50 wt oil. The Kyosho shocks also come with 3 hole pistons and for reference the 3A piston has a 1.25mm hole and the 3B has a 1.15mm hole, this was measured with a carb jet measuring tool. I am going to give this setup a try before going to a heavier oil.

That is great info, thanks.

BitHed
04-13-2005, 11:58 PM
...MGTfix...that is so helpful it needs serious recognition...Great job...Can i put those facts and figures on the FAQ page? We acquiring a list on information that you cant find anywhere else...

...MTG you are now in charge of suspension testsing :D Let us know what you come up with...

MGTfix
04-14-2005, 01:05 AM
For now the stock springs are a little stiff, but I am only running six cell batteries, I am waiting for the spring set to become available(IHW14-1 front and IHW15-1 rear) they both come with three different rates and will greatly help in tuning this little beast. :)

BitHed
04-14-2005, 06:57 AM
...yeah those will be good...they will make it all even MORE confusing..lol..I am also waiting for the different coloured alloy caps for the shox...red, gold, black and purple :cool:

mpetrich
04-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Good morning,
Has anyone had any problem with the bottom spring holder (part #18 on the oil shock instruction kit) continually coming off? Should this part rest on the ball cap or above it (on the shock piston)? I was racing last night and we have fairly small jumps (1 to 2 feet high) and after each race, the holders were totally off the shock piston.
Thanks for the help,
Matt

BitHed
04-14-2005, 01:40 PM
...i havent matty...you got em on upside down mate? Mine are quite tight...improve the tension with a spacer perhaps?

SSS
04-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi!
They should be firmly pressed down on the "ball cap" as you call it. Mine where also a little tight, but came on with a little pressure on it!

mpetrich
04-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the help. That must be my mistake. I didn't push them down onto the ball caps.
Thanks again,
Matt