PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird BMC-380MAX Competition MG

mat3833
11-27-2005, 08:14 PM
ok my HS-81MG just took a crap and i need a new servo. what mount do i need for this servo? how well does it work? can it stand up to some realy hard bashing? if this info can be found somewhere else sorry, im just too lazy to look :p . any help would be aprecaited.

Matt

QuickEight
11-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Well, Matt, you can always find these things at Balsa Products. This Bluebird is a great little servo as well and it has a ton of orque at 4.8V: 57 oz.in:
http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/Servos/bluebirdMicroServoView.asp?ProductId=U389563

mat3833
11-28-2005, 05:24 PM
ok i will look into getting one. my track is tight for 1/10 scale and i like faster servos, how fast is it on 6v? also what mount do i use??

Matt

k_bojar
11-28-2005, 05:41 PM
matt, I've been using on in my buggy for a while...its an awesome little servo...plenty fast for a buggy....

the servo works so well, that I broke my servo saver (steering rack) on a bad crash saturday nite...the little servo just said "that's all you have, gimme some more" :D

I ran one in my RC18t - and it was the only servo that would keep that truck going in a straight line

mat3833
11-28-2005, 09:37 PM
ok i dont see how i stripped my HS-81 MG. i just landed a little weird off a 1 ft jump at about 30. the servo gears are stripped and the motor wont work..... and how should i mount it? thanks again

Matt

bcuzau
12-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey guys..

I just placed an order for mine.. what servo arm are you guys using for it? which ones will fit?

mat3833
12-04-2005, 09:07 PM
good question, also do you just servo tape it to the chassis or use shoe goo?

Matt

bcuzau
12-04-2005, 11:49 PM

Matt

I suppose you are asking k-bojar since he says he's running it currently .. if it helps any, i'll be mounting mine with one of the stock servo holders if one can fit.. if not I'll be using just the standard(1/10) servo holders.. probably have to drill and countersink some holes to make if fit.. But servo tape will do a very good job aswell as shoe goo .. I guess what it really comes down to is personal preference.

mat3833
12-04-2005, 11:51 PM
i was realy asking anyone. if i get an eclipse chassis i probobly wont shoe goo it.

Matt

k_bojar
12-13-2005, 05:06 PM

Matt

Matt - I have mine shoe-goo'ed in...that thing won't move for anything...

It will just barely fit in the mount made for the hitech servo, but it wasn't enough to make me feel confident it would survive off-road racing...so that's why I changed mine around (well that and looking at Regan's reconfiguring)

bcuzau
12-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Hey Matt,

I just got my 380MAX.. still waiting for my eclipse, but I have decided to give servo tape a try. I have used servo tape for all my other 1:10, 1:12 cars in the past and it worked well. But those were also standard sized servos with more surface area for the tape.. let's see how it works

k_bojar
12-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey guys..

I just placed an order for mine.. what servo arm are you guys using for it? which ones will fit?

the servo is the same as a futaba arm - actually a little tighter, so use some force :D

k_bojar
12-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey Matt,

I just got my 380MAX.. still waiting for my eclipse, but I have decided to give servo tape a try. I have used servo tape for all my other 1:10, 1:12 cars in the past and it worked well. But those were also standard sized servos with more surface area for the tape.. let's see how it works

I think I used both servo tape AND shoe-goo...the tape to hold the servo in place (so it don't move) while the 'goo is curing

I've used tape along before, but I don't think I'd venture to only use tape in a vehicle that's gonna take the "abuse" that a half8 would

pimpsmurf
12-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Good servo tape should hold just about anything. I use a small amount to hold a 4AH sealed lead acid battery in my starter box for my nitro truck, and it gets slung around all over the place, and I've yet to have a problem with it EVER! =)

-JNY