PDA

View Full Version : Wing problem

hkopium
04-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Sorry about my poor english. dunno what is the proper name of that wing thing at the rear of the car, so I call it wing for now.

Do you find your H8's wing is slightly slanted? I found one side of the base of the wing is higher than the other side... I checked with the display H8 in a few shops and found them all the same, slanted...

BitHed
04-04-2005, 09:25 PM
...Its adjustable...try the two TOP screwson the mount, just under the wing itself...loosen them and raise the wing or lower it, there are only two settings, up or down...make both the same, tighten nuts and drive away :) They might shift in a big hit so dont be surprised...

...Personally at this scale i dont think the wing will make THAT much difference...

ruknd
04-04-2005, 09:41 PM
i dunno about that bit...i'm always surprised as to how much a wing changes a cars attitude in 1:10 buggy. Especially things lihe push and on power steering.

BitHed
04-04-2005, 09:44 PM
...you reckon? Might be interesting to do some tests to see if t really IS noticeable...But the small speeds we are getting...Really? :D Sounds like a project...lol.

ruknd
04-04-2005, 10:02 PM
...you reckon? Might be interesting to do some tests to see if t really IS noticeable...But the small speeds we are getting...Really? :D Sounds like a project...lol.
I'm not sure how fast they are going yet...but once you get that matched 9.x v pack and the x-speed and teh bearings it should roll along quite nicely for the scale. :D But yeah at a track racign speed I think the wing will be a factor.