JEXTEL
11-23-2005, 10:04 PM
I think im going to get this instead...

do anyone think it is good? or has it?

DrVonHoSS
11-24-2005, 12:41 AM

A few people in our area have purchased Vendetta's.. We will know in the next couple weeks how they compare to the Half8.

So far the RC18T seems to be the best micro truck/buggy made.. but.. one of our local guys (running a HALF8) is turning faster laps than the fastest RC18T. I am in the process of switching it a brushed setup.. Rocket400 4.8v, Novak Spy, and 7 Intellect1200 cells. Hopefully I will become the fastest guy at the track! :) The AON/MAMBA set up was just to much horsepower.

Eclipse will be realeasing a graphite chassis that is being designed to run a brushed motor and 7 cells. I will post an update for all you brushed guys.

As of now there are still Eclipse chassis's ready to ship.. just email me: dronhoss@aol.com

Good luck with that Vedetta.. Its smaller than the HALF8.. I guess time will tell which is best.

On a side note: I brought a scale to the races last weekend. My HALF8 with all aluminum and an Eclipse chassis was 8 grams lighter than a stock HALF8.. that was odd.

k_bojar
11-25-2005, 09:10 PM

I'd be careful of this car...its not the same quality as the Kyosho...Mike Bailey from one18th.com had one out at the ECC, I'm not sure if he ever got a full run under his belt with the car...

after seeing one in my hands, biggest down side - shocks...too small to work well...plastic in the suspension arms are weak....

BitHed
11-25-2005, 09:13 PM
...I have seen the YOKOMO version, same car, and it sux...I would try and see it up close and personal before doing this one....SUPER cheesy and wil bring you more problems than its worth...Its a cheap nasty clone...My 2 cents...

JEXTEL
11-25-2005, 09:39 PM
I think im still going to go with it Ron Booreman(owner of family hobbies raceway best track in South NJ and prolly the whole NJ) has one and his VERY up front with ppl he said its OK and ok to him is GREAT to me...lol

Hawk
11-25-2005, 09:45 PM
I think im still going to go with it Ron Booreman(owner of family hobbies raceway best track in South NJ and prolly the whole NJ) has one and his VERY up front with ppl he said its OK and ok to him is GREAT to me...lol

One question: Why would you go on a board for a competitors car and ask that question? It seems a waste of time for all the people that replied if you had already made up your mind. If you have somebody you trust to the degree you state above, why would you ask a bunch of strangers, to ignore them and let them know? Sorry, that is two questions. :cool:

acsubie
11-25-2005, 11:16 PM

yea ROn knows his stuff, loves to talk mad shhh though ;) ..good guy though...why wont you bring that vendetta to potbellies?

JEXTEL
11-26-2005, 12:20 AM
One question: Why would you go on a board for a competitors car and ask that question? It seems a waste of time for all the people that replied if you had already made up your mind. If you have somebody you trust to the degree you state above, why would you ask a bunch of strangers, to ignore them and let them know? Sorry, that is two questions. :cool:

At First I was going to get the Half 8 then it would had took too much money to get it up were I thought would been a racer....then RB got one so I said WHAT the HELL with it...

yea ROn knows his stuff, loves to talk mad shhh though ;) ..good guy though...why wont you bring that vendetta to potbellies?

I will bring it to PB's

Hawk
11-26-2005, 12:30 AM
All things considered, if you know someone and trust them then go with that. I am sure you will get some where with it. Just seem strange.

Really doesn't take much to make race worthy, mostly people around here been trying out everything made. In the end, Look at Regan's car and see how much it would cost to duplicate that car.

Most of the rest is more for bling or personal preference.
Good luck.
d :cool:

bermbuster
11-26-2005, 12:54 AM
It doesnt cost that much to make the H8 a racer. If you go with 3r parts it is pretty reasonable. Spare parts are cheap and plentiful. Potbellys is the place to race your buggy.......If you didnt buy it yet hold off and go watch the races this weekend at the Belly......check out the racers H8s.....
Then on Monday buy an H8........ :cool:

JEXTEL
11-26-2005, 01:42 PM
I guess you could be right but BL is 150 batteries is 40 (2) Oil filled shocks (25) Ball Diff (20) plus 170 for the buggy thats alot of money I got to save my money im a 16 yr teen with no job thats some how buying a Jammin x1 crt and cr w/ sts .28 engine M8 w/ spektrum and some..so Cash is a major factor for me and the H8 is in my dreams... :(

bermbuster
11-26-2005, 01:51 PM
you dont need the ball diffs shocks are 20 for 4 (3r) and if you get the Vendetta you will want brushless too.......I know your 16 and I dont want to see you waste money either........Just remember A duratrax is not a Kyosho....

Inferno454
11-26-2005, 01:56 PM
You pay for the quality you get in a product. KYOSHO WILL OWN DURACRAP EVERYTIME.

JEXTEL
11-26-2005, 06:53 PM
you dont need the ball diffs shocks are 20 for 4 (3r) and if you get the Vendetta you will want brushless too.......I know your 16 and I dont want to see you waste money either........Just remember A duratrax is not a Kyosho....

nah I dont need BL ill get the RAD 400 motor and i see what your saying thats why im taking the time and money to buy some top of the line 1/8th kits for next year...

pimpsmurf
11-26-2005, 07:02 PM
The only thing duratrax has made that wasn't a complete piece of crap is thier 1:10 electric stadium truck. Everything has problems, but most duratrax stuff has major design issues.

-JNY