PDA

View Full Version : Brushed ESC

QuickEight
11-21-2005, 01:12 PM
For those of us who also use a brushed motor in at least one of our Mini Infernos I am curious as to what others are using for their ESC.

I have a Novak SPY and just realized last night that the instructions indicate it is only for up to 7 cells. And of course I am running mine with 8 cells but have had no problems. :D

Any other thoughts or input would be appreciated.

BitHed
11-21-2005, 01:21 PM
...Stock H8 unit @ 8 cells no problem...LRP AI @ 8 cells no problem...Stock AE 18T unit @ 8 cells no problem...Mamba 25 @ TEN cells no problem :eek:

bcuzau
12-19-2005, 07:28 AM
Hey.. i hope you guys don't mind me adding to this thread from about a month ago..

There are so many people using 8-cells when the instructions call for 7-cell max. I was justing wondering how safe it was.. for the esc and the servo, I assumed the extra voltage will also reach the servo. so I asked Novak since I'm using the Explorer.. The response I got from the person was this:

Hello,

It may or may-not work fine or last for a very long time, or maybe only a short time. There is no way to be sure unless it is tried. I've not tested the Explorer Sport on 8 cells so we would not have hard data for you.

I don't think it will work for that long.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, we are glad to help. Complete Product return, service, and pricing information can be found in the Customer Service Section of our website. Instruction manuals can be found in the Download Section of the website as well. All links are listed below.

Thank you,
Charlie Suangka
Novak Electronics
17032 Armstrong Ave
Irvine CA 92614
www.teamnovak.com
phone 949-833-8873
fax 949-833-1631
charlie@teamnovak.com

I've used 8cells with the stock esc which the manual says it's ok.. it runs a little more powerful than the 7cells i'm runnning with my explorer..

Does the servo get the extra voltage as well? I also asked him about the servo part but I guess he wasn't familar with the wiring..