PDA

View Full Version : 7.4V 2000MAH 30A Lithium Polymer enough?

BLACKHAWK444
11-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi. I just ordered this pack http://fmadirect.com/Detail.htm?item=2073&section=45 from Tower Hobbies for 25$ shipped :D . I plan on using it with my Eclipse chassis with an AON 4900/Mamba 25 combo. The pinion will be a 12T. My question is if 7.4V is enough for racing. I think I could turn the Mamba 25 esc to a higher performance mode and gear it up a bit. Let me know! Thanks.

BLACKHAWK444
11-19-2005, 02:04 AM
Somebody please? I feel alone....

pointcrossed
11-19-2005, 03:09 PM
IMHO, Depending on how your buggy and electronics are set up, but even then, I dont think its enough voltage or weight and too much reengineering to beat the pack. I would keep it as simple as possible and race it with a 9.6V nimh....

BLACKHAWK444
11-19-2005, 03:54 PM
I don't understand what you are saying? To much reengineering to beat the pack? Enough wieght? Not following you ;)

pointcrossed
11-19-2005, 04:52 PM
I don't understand what you are saying? To much reengineering to beat the pack? Enough wieght? Not following you ;)

I am probably too old school for this, you now have a completely different car with that chassis, and I dont have enough info to help provide a good opinion to help you, maybe that is why you may feel alone on this one, sorry its way past my bedtime and I cannot help you... :(

BLACKHAWK444
11-19-2005, 05:15 PM
I am probably too old school for this, you now have a completely different car with that chassis, and I dont have enough info to help provide a good opinion to help you, maybe that is why you may feel alone on this one, sorry its way past my bedtime and I cannot help you... :(

Its the same buggy just with a whole side for batteries ;) . Lighter is better in my book. I just need somebody that has a AON equiped H8 to chime in. Thats all! Also the feeling alone thing was a joke...just wanted to get some people to post! :D