PDA

View Full Version : Proline bodies and shocks

xpcgamer
11-09-2005, 03:10 AM
Is it me or does every body that runs this body need to remove the shocks to remove the body. Do you end cutting the tip off the body to get it off? Man this sucks. Mine broke already. Are the stock bodies like this as well?

DrVonHoSS
11-09-2005, 03:23 AM
Is it me or does every body that runs this body need to remove the shocks to remove the body. Do you end cutting the tip off the body to get it off? Man this sucks. Mine broke already. Are the stock bodies like this as well?

I dont have to remove shocks.. but it is tough to remove the body. Try reinforcing the back side of the body with shoe goo and filiment tape (1/12th scale strapping tape). And settle down! Finesse the body.

Also.. I use a Drum Sander on a Dremel to cut out around the shock tower. The gap is probably a 1/2 inch wide.. but it makes my life easier and when you use the dremel it heats the plastic to the point where it melts.. that way you have no invisible partial scissor cuts that will grow.

TiNTiN
11-09-2005, 06:40 AM
http://www.halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694

xpcgamer
11-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks Tin...I was looking for that thread. I guess I will have to bend the body or cut it off. Are the Proline b odies thicker than the Kyosho one? I got mine with the Proline.

TiNTiN
11-09-2005, 12:38 PM
not sure about thicker or not
but I'm sure it's harder then kyosho's

WhoMe
11-09-2005, 01:31 PM
I would just hack it off and show goo that front peice in place. Because while I cant stand how hard it is to get it in there I really dont like the way the car looks without it.

BitHed
11-09-2005, 02:15 PM
...Be aware that ProLine KNOWS about it and when asked a while back basically said, "Deal with it"...Go figure...

pimpsmurf
11-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah? makes you wonder if we really want those wheels after all...

I got my proline body in today, and screwed up the paint job (ROYALLY)

It was my first time using the thin masking tape to try to do anything other than single colors, and it didn't go well.. It seems there is nothing I can do to remove the paint without clouding the lexan, so I'm just going to run with it for a while and get another later. *shrug* It is seriously ugly, so maybe I'll stick with stock. :)

-JNY

MBX-5 Guy
11-20-2005, 07:15 AM
...It seems there is nothing I can do to remove the paint without clouding the lexan...
-JNY

Pactra makes a thinner I mix 50/50 with rubbing alcohol. When mixed down it doesn't have any adverse effects on the lexan. Also Bolink makes a "body wash" that works even better. That stuff can be used straight. Either dab a little on a Q-tip to do spot cleaning, or put some on a rag to just plain ol' remove all the paint and start over.

bermbuster
11-22-2005, 01:17 PM
I stayed up till 3 am to get this from ebay the other night.....cant wait to get it and decal it up........my new H8 will be done then......

pimpsmurf
11-22-2005, 05:40 PM
I used a lot of scrubbing with a toothbrush and Dot 3 brake fluid and all the paint came off. It looks great now, but I must have messed up the backing. I managed to chip off some the the white back coat. No biggie, but the front of the proline broke off. Screw it. I'm getting the kyosho body next. It has more room inside, and it fits propperly.

-JNY