PDA

View Full Version : Check this out

half008
11-08-2005, 10:42 PM
I know this is a half eight forum but just a teaser of the next big thing (maybe) go to www.hpirobot.com. Tell me what you think

pimpsmurf
11-09-2005, 12:03 AM
maybe it is a robosapian that is actually worth $100...

-JNY

BitHed
11-09-2005, 01:56 AM
...tip from the inside...robots will be THE thing for the next couple of months...I have been saying this privately for a while but these things are SERIOUSLY going to take off...Just a 2 cent heads up ;)

pimpsmurf
11-09-2005, 12:26 PM
I want remove controlled fighting robots that do kung foo stuff. You could have different robots with different fighting styles and appearances.

Skinny kung foo guy
Fat "Fat-foo" guy
Drunken master?

That would be so freaking awsome, but I'm sure it would be hard to pull off for $100, with all the gyros and everything needed to make it not suck.

-JNY

xpcgamer
11-10-2005, 02:42 AM
I just don't get it. I remember erector sets and Comodore 64...you would spend hours building or hours inputing command lines to hear a machine gun sound or swing a boom around and pick up your Tonka truck....now you have a robot..push a few buttons on a remote and walks or dance's a bit. Big Deal. Can it be programmed to walk to my fridge and get me a cold beer? I just dont understand what the big deal is. Now "Teddy" from Artificial Intelligence...he was cool. I would buy a robot like him in a second!

xpcgamer
11-10-2005, 02:47 AM
Actually these robot's look pretty damn cool!!!

http://www.vstone.co.jp/top/products/robot/T28/

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/race/race_event/event/2005_prshow/robot-j.html

WhoMe
11-10-2005, 03:02 AM
At first I didnt get it either. Untill I saw them move. The movements these new bots are doing are so fluid and quick. Its definatly a neat gadget to watch. But I too do not really fancy the program and watch thing. If I could control it in real time with some sort of transmitter then I would be impressed. Then I could make the thing fight small animals or somthing...Or maybe a national RC robot kung foo tournament....ehhh I dunno.