PDA

View Full Version : Cyklon brushless

type r
11-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Hi Guys,

thought I'd shear this with you ...

I just bought the Cyklon brushless motor for Mini Cars.
For the moment I am driving the Mamba 6800 but after seeing this I needed one immediately. It is size 380 ... soo ... finally the torque I need and the heating problems are over seen the fact that the house is rotating !
Costs 60 Euros (not cheap :( ) but in combination with 3 "konion" lipo cells extremely fast. The guy that gave me a demo with it uses even an 11 pinion without any problems.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/koenc/Mini%20Inferno/PICT0013.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/koenc/Mini%20Inferno/PICT0012.jpg

Have fun !!!!

BitHed
11-07-2005, 12:09 PM
...Nice find Type R...Keep us posted on how it runs...Any links for it? Maker? Seller? And whats 60 Euros in USD? Here is a hot tip ;) Send the MAKER a note with a link to this thread...You never know HOW they might repay you making them famous ;)

pimpsmurf
11-07-2005, 12:42 PM
The housing rotates?

-JNY

BitHed
11-07-2005, 12:45 PM
...i didnt even bother asking :) Maybe he means circling the house really fasst now because it doesnt overheat anymore :confused: Peace Type R ;)

type r
11-07-2005, 02:40 PM
The housing rotates?
Yes,Yes !
The only fixed part is the front purple alloy mount (where the electic wires come out) that is used to mount the motor.
The central gold and rear purple parts rotate together with the axe .... You have to hear it scream :D !!

You can find more info one www.cyklonbrushless.com.

Good idea from Bit : I will sent them a mail

60 us$ = appox 75 us$ ... but Belgium allways is way more expensive than other countries ....

greetings
Koen

type r
11-07-2005, 02:42 PM
...i didnt even bother asking :) Maybe he means circling the house really fasst now because it doesnt overheat anymore
......:rolleyes: ........ :D Yes, that I did also !!

pimpsmurf
11-07-2005, 03:23 PM
That's http://www.cyclonbrushless.com/

-JNY

janniz
11-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Do you have a picture of the mounted motor? I'm somewhat scared of mounting an outrunner because of its more "open" design (dirt...) and the rotating can. But maybe it works quite good - these motors usually are torque-monsters. I took a look at the data-sheet and it says the motor can take up to 45A - so be careful not to fry your controller.

Please keep us updated - I am really interessted in how that thing works in a halfeight.

mat3833
11-07-2005, 08:55 PM
the whole rotating can thing makes me not want to use this motor. somepthing could get cought in it..... bad image, wires everywhere, ESCs damaged... eggh i get the chills just thinking about it.

Matt

type r
11-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Do you have a picture of the mounted motor? I'm somewhat scared of mounting an outrunner because of its more "open" design (dirt...) and the rotating can. But maybe it works quite good - these motors usually are torque-monsters. I took a look at the data-sheet and it says the motor can take up to 45A - so be careful not to fry your controller.

Please keep us updated - I am really interessted in how that thing works in a halfeight.
I know,

The shop owner advised me to buy another controler. The Mamba is slightly too light. I bought a new one but this one takes another 2 weeks before it is in stock again.
But the demo I saw was with a Mamba one. . . but as you said. the risk is too big.

greetings