PDA

View Full Version : "STiffy

BitHed
11-07-2005, 12:37 AM
...How can this be? Batteries up top?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/STIFFY/165.jpg

...well lets take off the lid and take a peek ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/STIFFY/166.jpg

...well well well...It has a SPINE!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/STIFFY/168.jpg

BitHed
11-07-2005, 12:39 AM
...absolutely NO power tools were harmed in the making of this piece...But I DID go through a lot of paper cutter blades ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/STIFFY/170.jpg

...And I even cleaned up a little bit to make room here at PanicToys HQ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/STIFFY/164.jpg

...Pictures of the severed thumb once the pulsing blood stops...

BLACKHAWK444
11-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Very....interesting bit :)

Hawk
11-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Glad to see you cleaned up before taking pictures. Looks like the insides of an RC pinata.
I thought I was going to have to look for hours to see where your thumb was until I read the lettering at the bottom.

Nice, simple, does the job. I like it. Style points for no attempt at style. :cool:

BitHed
11-07-2005, 06:43 AM
...I am still working on getting small parts cleared up...going to solder up a pack especially for the STiffy tonight...secure it with velcro only as the roof actually keeps them quite compressed...

...The car now steers like its on rails...It rained yesterday so i couldnt give the STiffy the workout I would have liked but its still noticeable...

...It secures to the front steering plate as NORMAL, it has NO hole for the front torque rod...The rear secures in the holes which are used by the REAR plate under where the LONG bolt goes through for the wing mount...As the gear cases are the same front and rear it was pretty easy...

...Its cut 4 cm wide and I havent checked the length yet but i think i started @ 16cm and then worked down...Its a little rough and some of the holes are slightly off but its not a big deal...Its secured with five 3x8 button head screws...These could very safely be replaced with 3x6 but some of my threads are getting alittle beat up and the shorter screws arent biting...

...The length is cut so that securing it to the back actually PULLS a little bit of kick-up into the front...Kinda cool...The whole motor / slipper area was measured by eye, roped off with 5mm masking tape and chopped with various different utensils...It works a treat...

gulfclk
11-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Very ... euh, clean setup. In stead of putting batteries that high, try to put in the double amount of batteries ... might give you double runtimes!;)

plain_simple
11-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Lol... Gulfie went ahead of me on this one :D
Dont you notice any diff on the car handling BIT.. i mean... all that weight so high cant be good but if it works for you then...
who am i to say anything?! ;)

P.S.: I do love that panic toys face! It cames out really well on that messy cleaning up pic :D

xpcgamer
11-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Very nice BIt...Are those shock socks on the back or are they just black springs :rolleyes:

Hawk
11-07-2005, 09:18 PM
oooooh, black stockings?
:cool:

mat3833
11-07-2005, 10:25 PM
hey bit dont you have a thing for stockings?? :D trying to make your H8 into YOUR H8 i see :p

Matt

BitHed
11-07-2005, 10:56 PM
...leave my fetishes out of this please :o

...I put together an 8 cell stick pack but its slightly too long...So i have six on the bottom and two on top...The pack looks ok...Messed up the soldering order a little so will redo that tonight and then secure it...Looks good so far...i am just wondering now because the ST body looks like it might be a little lower than the buggy...Also wondering about any shock to the batteries when i go lid down at 100 miles an hour...Which happens quite a lot actually :D

...The weight up top doesnt seem to change anything at this stage...But remember i dont race...I bash and i crash...and more than anything I am sick of having my batteries move around and then get chewed by the drive cups...Anyway its all just an experiment...The stick pack will work good in the ECLIPSE chassis anyway ;)

mat3833
11-07-2005, 11:00 PM
lol, srry oh master bit, we will leave your fetishes "cough" obsesions "cough" out of this. :p but arent those the badhorsie shock sleeves??

Matt

BitHed
11-07-2005, 11:09 PM
...Yes indeedy they are...Best 10 bucks you could ever spend ;)

...the front set is off because i changed oil and never put them back on but i have to drop about 2 oil weights and put in hard balls ( :o ) so i will have to get tham all dressed up again ;)

mat3833
11-07-2005, 11:10 PM
woah!! enough with the sexual enuendos!! but seriously what are "hard balls" going to do??

Matt

BitHed
11-07-2005, 11:17 PM
...#WO136 (10x 3mm hole 5.8mm Hard Balls) smooth out the whole car a little bit, last longer in a big hit and get rid of that awful crappy aluminium sludge that comes when you take the balls out...

...They are stronger / better than stock and only slightly heavier...The HARD STEEL balls #WO156 (10x 3mm hole 5.8mm) add too much weight for my liking...

...They come in packs of 10, the H8 needs 12 so i will fit them in all spots except the TOP of the front shox...

mat3833
11-07-2005, 11:20 PM
ok wait, exactly what are these "balls"? got a pic?? im sooooo confused.

Matt

BitHed
11-07-2005, 11:22 PM
...12 little alloy balls that are in the car..easiest ones to explain are the ones in the top and bottom of EACH shock...The shock moves AROUND them..The mounting bolt goes through them..

mat3833
11-07-2005, 11:24 PM
oooo ok i got ya. mine seem to be a lil worn, not much tho. what oil will you be running bit? i am just going to bash for a little bit and i want a decent settup besides the rock fluid in the 3r shocks.

Matt