PDA

View Full Version : Shock sleeves

gulfclk
11-06-2005, 08:14 PM
I bought 2 pair of shock sleeves from Badhorsie. When they arrived, I was suprised with their quality.

I had 2 sets. Orange and grey. I tried the grey ones first, but whatever I did, they always seemed to slip of the springs and end up on the bottom of the damper while I was driving.
I took them of and thold myself not to use them anymore.

Tonight, I was rebuilding my shocks and bringing the oil-weight a bit up. I had the orange package still unpacked and luckely, I decided to use them. The orange ones seemed to work a lot better. I can squeeze those ones between the spring and the lower collar and in the top, they are nicely clambed between the spacer and the top of the spring.

I found out that the grey ones are thicker than the orange ones. The fabric of the orange onces seems to be a lot thinner than the grey ones.

I thought it was valuable information to share. I hope the once Bit is getting from them are thin as well. Perhaps something to bear in mind ....

DrVonHoSS
11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
I bought 2 pair of shock sleeves from Badhorsie. When they arrived, I was suprised with their quality.

I had 2 sets. Orange and grey. I tried the grey ones first, but whatever I did, they always seemed to slip of the springs and end up on the bottom of the damper while I was driving.
I took them of and thold myself not to use them anymore.

Tonight, I was rebuilding my shocks and bringing the oil-weight a bit up. I had the orange package still unpacked and luckely, I decided to use them. The orange ones seemed to work a lot better. I can squeeze those ones between the spring and the lower collar and in the top, they are nicely clambed between the spacer and the top of the spring.

I found out that the grey ones are thicker than the orange ones. The fabric of the orange onces seems to be a lot thinner than the grey ones.

I thought it was valuable information to share. I hope the once Bit is getting from them are thin as well. Perhaps something to bear in mind ....

Where can I get a set of these shock sleeves?

hkopium
11-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Where can I get a set of these shock sleeves?

He said badhorsie... so I did a search on Google...

http://www.badhorsie.com/products/shock-covers.html

hkopium
11-11-2005, 04:48 PM
To: Gulfclk

Which orange one did you buy? There are so many of them...

pimpsmurf
11-11-2005, 05:14 PM
the small buggy ones make 2 sets for the half eight. cut them in half, then cut a little more off the front ones. My blue ones are purdy. ;)

-JNY

hkopium
11-11-2005, 05:38 PM
the small buggy ones make 2 sets for the half eight. cut them in half, then cut a little more off the front ones. My blue ones are purdy. ;)

-JNY

TO Pimpsmurf:
Thanks!

TO Gulfclk:
You said grey color... do you mean Graphite color or Silver color? I want to buy the Silver color one...

gulfclk
11-11-2005, 05:54 PM
TO Pimpsmurf:
Thanks!

TO Gulfclk:
You said grey color... do you mean Graphite color or Silver color? I want to buy the Silver color one...The grafite ones are too big. It's not a matter of being too big, to me, it looks like it's a matter of thick fabric. The orange ones are very thin and ... PERFECT!

pimpsmurf
11-11-2005, 07:48 PM
I don't know if the different colors are different materials, but the blue ones went on eventually. It's a little hard to push the spring onto the little plastic ring, but they went on fine and look nice to boot! =)

-JNY

BitHed
11-11-2005, 09:08 PM
...black and red are BOTH nice and thin and go on no problems...Might get a little saggy when you put on preload spacers but its bearable...

...I personally would stay away from light colours because they look tatty once they have a few dirt and oil spots...my 2 cents of fashion advice ;) ROB of course looks stunning in red :p

DrVonHoSS
11-11-2005, 11:36 PM
i have an idea..

you know how the shock shafts on a 1/8 scale buggy protected? im gonna go to the "party store" down the street and buy some black clown ballons. i bet they would work great. ill let you guys know.. ill get some ballons tomorrow.