PDA

View Full Version : Atomic CTR ball diff

xpcgamer
11-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Anybody know where I can get a rebuild kit for a Atomic CTR ball diff. With it tightened all the way down the center gear has play side to side..eating up pinion's. I am assuminig the balls( :p ) are worn down causeing the play...whos got a link for there site anyway?

neo
11-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Anybody know where I can get a rebuild kit for a Atomic CTR ball diff. With it tightened all the way down the center gear has play side to side..eating up pinion's. I am assuminig the balls( :p ) are worn down causeing the play...whos got a link for there site anyway?

Just out of interest, how have you found the quality of the Atomic CTR diff. Also, what diffs do you have front/rear?

Smoothound
11-06-2005, 05:48 PM
The side to side play on the crown gear on my Atomic F/R diffs is why I dumped them. It's nothing to do with the balls wearing because as the balls wear the movement should decrease not increase.

Have to admit I thought I might be safe using the centre one as the gear is straight cut just not had time to try it yet.

I got replacement gears for my Atomic diffs from eBay but god only knows why I bothered, should have just chucked them in the bin as I've now rebuilt them to sit in a plastic bag while I use the standard diffs until I get the ST ones.

Just call me bitter and twisted but I'll not buy Atomic crap again :mad:

neo
11-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. Im on the look out for new diffs as I have a brushless setup here to install. I dont know when the 3Racing diffs are gonna be out and was actually gonna go for the Atomic ones. Looks like I should leave it now.

xpcgamer
11-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Damn Damn Damn...I just ordered a crapola amount of parts but now I need a new diff. :mad:

Smoothound
11-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Don't get the Atomic ones, there are some here using them OK but they are a royal PITA believe me.

Wait for the 3Racing ones or get on the ST diff bandwaggon hopefully they will be good :D

BitHed
11-06-2005, 07:34 PM
...I agree with Smoothound...Wait for the 3R units or get the ST sealed diffs...

...XPC if you cant sort out the trade you mentioned on one18th then get back to me and I will set that up for you ;) Peace...

xpcgamer
11-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Thanks Bit...Ascubie is gonna jump in and trade me some parts for the Ctr diff and caseing. I will wait for the ST diffs and get those...they look awesome..just like the big boys diff.
Thanks and take care,
Koben ;)

BitHed
11-07-2005, 02:56 AM
...no worries..we are all part of the same family..Its funny how much stuff we are all shipping around the world...Someone should keep a list :p

neo
11-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Are there any pics laying around of either the 3racing diffs or the ST ones?

pimpsmurf
11-07-2005, 07:28 PM
There are pictures on 3racing's website of all thier stuff.

Also ebay is a good place to hunt some pictures.

The ST center diff is going to be the same, right? It's not sealed IIRC.
Perhaps it will have upgraded cups, cause the stock ones suck. They're plastic! haha

-JNY