PDA

View Full Version : Atomic AK55

Joan
11-06-2005, 09:16 AM
What about this c-hubs and knukles?? has someone tried it??
May be I buy the fioroni ergal knukles with 3racing c-hubs, but on Atomc site, the atomic man says that AK55 eliminates the weak point. Do you know what is the "weak point"??

halfeight0to60
11-06-2005, 04:01 PM
I have the 3-racing c-hubs and knukles....I dont really know what the weak point is either but theyve held up in a 30+mph wheel first curb collision that broke my chassis in half.

pimpsmurf
11-06-2005, 06:44 PM
3racing rocks.

-JNY

BitHed
11-06-2005, 07:37 PM
...As much as I have to say it i have NEVER been happy with ATOMIC on any platform...they do so much 'within' themselves...Like you HAVE to use Part A with Part B or it wont work, and 9 times out of 10 they never tell us this...

...The AK55 set does look ok but as Pimpo says.."3RACING ROX!!

bcuzau
11-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Well Atomic does seem to re-engineer some parts they think will be an upgrade.. such as different gear ratios for the center diff. The weakness in the C-hub design(whether their own design or stock.. unsure). And their wheel hex design is such a simple design and o-ring idea, great!. I will be getting those wheel hexes for sure.

Exactly why haven't you been happy with Atomic Bithed? Do the parts fit well? I know you're not happy with incompatiblity with other part manufacturers, but any other problems?

Joan do you have a website for the fioroni H8 parts.. i checked fioroni.com but can't seem to find the right page. Just a guess but from what I read it sounds as there's a problem with threads stripping or screws bending. the weakness they claim corrected could be during testing of their original proto-types. maybe.

Hawk
11-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Here is the US site: http://www.gsracing.com/web/page.asp?pgs=products&catid=36
If you are not US, maybe Border Online, no they don't carry Fioroni. I am looking at RMV.de now. :cool:

yes, RMV carry them:http://www.rmv-deutschland.de/shop/index.php?cPath=7_34&page=9

acsubie
11-06-2005, 10:36 PM
i have the hubs/knuckle combo...work nicely and def. allow you to really tighten the screws down so they dont come out

but i do agree with bit, some if not most of their parts are only compatible with their own or stock parts..example..their wheel hexes with the O ring holding the pin in place are way nice and very useful, but they dont work to well with the 3racing CVDs :rolleyes:

Joan
11-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Ok!!, I'm gonna buy the fioroni knukles with 3R chubs...
Do you know wich kind of screws do I need?? I loose the original ones, and I think I need to buy the atomic ones AK 22. But they are too expensive!!!