PDA

View Full Version : Atomic center diff housing compared to others

bcuzau
11-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Still waiting for delivery of my H8.. I was looking at some diff housings and I noticed that the one by Atomic comes in several(5?) pieces when most others are only two. Is it more sealed, or is there another reason?

Thanks guys.

P.S. who's blue anodize is darker 3Racing or Atomic? Just Curious.. because I prefer Gunmetal(ti) anyways :) ..

BitHed
11-06-2005, 01:38 PM
...its almost scary that i can answer this question but ATOMIC is 'generally' darker than 3R...KYOSHO is VERY dark...I hate blue anyway...i prefer red :D

...The ATOMIC center hub has an adjustable slipper...and by that i mean it moves inboard / outboard on the car...They released some bigger 'bigger' gears for the slipper, again confirming that ATOMIC lives on their own little planet, forcing all of us to conform to THEIR designs...These bigger 'gears' HAVE to be used with the adjustable slipper center hub...Thats why the ATOMIC has more pieces :D

tom
11-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Hi All,

Excellent forums you have here btw. you guys seem to be THE authority on mini infernos! :)

I have a quick question though and BitHed's reply above has confused me a little.. Is the Atomic Center Diff mount an exact fit replacement for the stock part or do i need to use atomic gears too?

Its just that my stock H8 center mount wasn't moulded quite right and there is a little binding for a about 1/8th of a turn. i have ordered the atomic part buut now I'm a little worried!

Thanx in advance guys :)

tom

BLACKHAWK444
11-10-2005, 11:23 AM
I had that same problem with the stock one. It would always make a noise every turn. It took me 3 months to find out what it was..lol. About the Atomic I think you should be fine. I doubt that they would release it if you can only use there gears.

tom
11-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Cool, thanks BlackHawk.. It was driving me mad, did you manage to get rid of the noise or did you upgrade to an Alu part too?

:)