PDA

View Full Version : Sad Sad Day

mrfixitt
11-04-2005, 10:49 AM
I finally got my parts from RCBoys to replace the broken rear diff, this makes me very happy....about 3 inches of snow fell yesterday and this makes me very sad

So I have now had my mini inferno for about 10-12 weeks and have driven 5 packs through it and now i have to wait until spring for the track to reopen, unless i go drive it in a parkade...but wheres the fun in that?

snoopyspaz
11-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah, it figures, same thing here, just got all my electronics jerry rigged in the half 8, ran it for a good 20-30 minutes lastnight in a parkinlot and sure enough, it rains...was the first time i ran it....except in complete stock form in the office in my cubicle, but that doesn't count. hoping the rain clears so i can play after work :) going to need new wheels soon ;)

Peter

DrVonHoSS
11-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I finally got my parts from RCBoys to replace the broken rear diff, this makes me very happy....about 3 inches of snow fell yesterday and this makes me very sad

So I have now had my mini inferno for about 10-12 weeks and have driven 5 packs through it and now i have to wait until spring for the track to reopen, unless i go drive it in a parkade...but wheres the fun in that?

Where do you live?!?! Snow?? I live in Niagara Falls, NY (10 mins from Buffalo) and its sunny and 64 degrees. Problem is... I've been spending every chance I get working on my HALF 8 in the basement and not even gone outside.

mrfixitt
11-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

mrfixitt
11-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Well the snow has pretty much all melted away and I ran it today.......all I can say is that I have spent too much to give up now, I suppose the last thing to try before I sell it all is an AON 4900.

I am running the mamba 8000kv right now and it just doesnt do it for me, with all the speed setting on the fastest it still seems to start out slow then speed up as it gets going, I am looking for something that I can pin off the line and it spits gravel and dirt up and disappears into the horizon(OK not that fast, but you know what I mean)

Does the AON do that-I am running an 11 tooth on the mamba right now-I read that guys use 11-15 on the AON, I am assuming that the mamba is a 280ish can, and the AON is a 380 so it should have more torque...right?

Thanks

DrVonHoSS
11-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Well the snow has pretty much all melted away and I ran it today.......all I can say is that I have spent too much to give up now, I suppose the last thing to try before I sell it all is an AON 4900.

I am running the mamba 8000kv right now and it just doesnt do it for me, with all the speed setting on the fastest it still seems to start out slow then speed up as it gets going, I am looking for something that I can pin off the line and it spits gravel and dirt up and disappears into the horizon(OK not that fast, but you know what I mean)

Does the AON do that-I am running an 11 tooth on the mamba right now-I read that guys use 11-15 on the AON, I am assuming that the mamba is a 280ish can, and the AON is a 380 so it should have more torque...right?

Thanks

The AON does that! I am running a 13 tooth pinion and it easily spins all 4 tires on its way to 60 MPH (when the ball diff isnt loosining itself).

I use 11.1v 2100mAh Lipos.. i believe this is where the low end grunt comes from.

BitHed
11-06-2005, 01:46 PM
...The AON wals the walk and torques the torque ;) Damn im clever ;) lol...

...How about being the second person on site to try the new MAMBA HYPERION motors...They might be JUST what you are looking for ;)

plain_simple
11-06-2005, 03:44 PM
I'm curious about that Hyperion motor.
I will keep my Thyphoon 400 carbon fiber can brushless no matter what... runs and torque's like hell, its a 6800 and doesnt even gets more warmer then baby's milk at feeding time :D

mrfixitt
11-07-2005, 12:02 PM
who else is running one? Do they like it? I dont want to buy one and find out that i should have bought the AON-in a bit of a hurry though-ahhhhhhh SCREW IT-OK I bought one of the hyperion motors and a castle link too, maybe this buggy will actually perform good after this....I REALLY HOPE SO

I wonder how long air mail to Canada will take?

BitHed
11-07-2005, 12:07 PM
...well fixit by the time this arrives and you fit it i think you might be alll smiles by the sound of it...Next you will be moaning that your diffs cant take the stress ;) Good luck on it..I HOPE that you can finally experience the brilliance of thi car ;) Keep us posted...BTW try telling the boys @ Castle that the crew at H8.com is waiting to hear how this goes...they might try and speed it up for you...I KNEW i should have made some friends at Mamba ;)

mrfixitt
11-07-2005, 01:26 PM
I know that the diffs are a weak spot-just waiting for 3racing ball diffs or oil filled ones-I now have pretty much every part needed so I should be good to go for a while, all parts still new in packages-thought i would replace them as neccessary

I dont want anyone to get me wrong about the h8, i do really like it, i am just getting discouraged with it-money isnt really a problem but i live in Canada and it is hard to get parts for it so I have spent about almost another 250US on top of my original cost just for parts and hop ups(not including the brushless) about 550US in total

I run a special made savage in the summer and a brushless stampede-i just wanted a mini to play with for the winter-there are a few rc18T's here, I dont think I will ever meet their speed but while they are tumblimg around corners I can overtake them and then strive to stay ahead in the straights

hopefully good to go after the new motor

plain_simple
11-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Your will and happiness will go sky high when you go brushless... believe me on that one and at the same time... oil filled diff's should come out anytime soon so dont give up... i'm also waiting for the oil filled diff's and i'm not even considering the ball one's right now because i'm convinced they will become a real floop when the happy oil swimmers take the scene ;)

mrfixitt
11-07-2005, 09:34 PM
If you buy a Hyperion motor right now you get %10 off your order and free shipping-check it out-hes on holidays and your orders wont get shipped out until november 14-but thats worth another %10 isnt it?

BitHed
11-07-2005, 10:51 PM
...thats free-shipping WORLDWIDE? or Just the US of A?

mat3833
11-07-2005, 10:53 PM
good question bit. what about our foreign friends?? do they get the free ship?

Matt

mrfixitt
11-07-2005, 11:32 PM
not sure...check out the site-when i ordered mine today it is said it right on the main page

mrfixitt
11-08-2005, 12:21 PM
!!!!!!10% OFF and FREE Shipping Vacation Sale!!!!!!

ALL Domestic & International orders over 20 dollars placed from 11-07-05 until 11-13-05 will Receive 10% off and Free Shipping!

ALL ORDERS (domestic & International) Placed during the the 7th, 8th, & 9th will receive a Free 5 dollar Holiday gift card!

PLEASE NOTE that All Orders placed during this period will NOT ship until 11-14-05.

(Domestic orders will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail. International orders will be shipped via USPS Air Mail. The Free Holiday Gift Card included in orders on the 7th, 8th, & 9th can be used on any future orders after this sale. This sale will not delay the shipment of previously ordered or backordered items placed before the sale)

Trickpatrick
11-09-2005, 03:37 AM
Well I just read this whole thread and I feel a little guilty.

We have a new indoor dirt track and LHS 2 miles from my house.
Racing class's for all mini's every Saturday.

Track is sweet doubles tabletops banked hairpins chicanes, perfect dirt.
pits ect, all indoors.

I have about 700.00 + in the Half 8.
Have the mamba and hate it pretty much.
I realize its just not right for the 8 but it was still disapointing.
It cogges really bad and on the track it just mess's up your timing to much.
I am thinking I might use the new LRP brushed motor for now.
I have seen the rage setup on track too and it also cogges.
Please note we have tried ALL the ways to fix this and it just is still too anoying If you punch it to clear a double it hicups and you land in the middle.
I have not seen the AON yet but dont want to spend anymore$ on a maybe.

Is this AON a bigger size motor? If so does it really provide more torque to solve the cogging thing?

Up to now I have been using NMH 8 cells. Would changing to Lipo solve this also for sure. I would have to get a charger also and dont want to chase a maybe deal.

It seems that alot of what has been recomended here is for bashing and not racing on a track....

Not to say that bashing isnt great,
but is anyone racing the half8 regularly and have some thoughts on what would be a good motor ,and how about some racing setups???

Trick

BitHed
11-09-2005, 08:39 AM
...Tricky in the H8 you WANT the AON 4900...The mamba is undersized...the AON is THE motor for this car right now...We are waiting for some long term reports on the new Hyperion series but the AON is the poop mate ;)