PDA

View Full Version : AFter market chassis, is there one out there

neo
11-03-2005, 04:28 AM
Does anyone knoe if there IS or if there ARE any planned after market chassis in the pipeline.

:confused:

BLACKHAWK444
11-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I have an aluminum chassis thats being sent to me now. There are also a bunch of carbon chassis that people have made. Look around.

DrVonHoSS
11-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Heres one...

Should be ready within 2 weeks.

http://members.aol.com:/drvonhoss/N1.jpg
http://members.aol.com:/drvonhoss/N2.jpg

neo
11-04-2005, 03:04 AM
That looks gorgeous. Anymore info, price etc???? :eek:

Hawk
11-04-2005, 03:33 AM
When you are ready to give quotes, I am very interested in your chassis. This would be with a one piece top plate like you show in the picture?
Thanks,
dARRYL

BitHed
11-04-2005, 07:24 AM
..BUMP...Dont forget the CAW alloy chassis...about 99 USD shipped WorldWide...Coming 'eventually' ;)

DrVonHoSS
11-05-2005, 10:37 PM
When you are ready to give quotes, I am very interested in your chassis. This would be with a one piece top plate like you show in the picture?
Thanks,
dARRYL

The graphite finally made it to the CNC today! I should have chassis's for sale by the middle of the week or sooner.

The chassis will allow the motor to be located in the stock position or rotated 180 degrees and be mounted towards the rear of the car (as in the photos). This is only advantageous to people using a brushless motor due to the fact that the motor will need to spin in the opposite direction. Most brushed motors have advanced timing "built in" and are not designed to run in the opposite direction.

The chassis will include a CNC milled aluminum motor "sub mount". This allows the bottom of chassis to be totally flat with ALL screws countersunk without sacrificing strength. The graphite used is super high quality 2.5mm and was made in USA, the chassis was designed and will be built in the USA.

The upper deck and servo/personal transponder mounts will be option parts. Depending on chassis layout some people may not need an upper deck and the servo mount is nice but not 100% needed. Velcro battery mounts will also be available and custom made to the users battery type/size.

3Racing may make some great aluminum aftermarket parts.. but I guarantee they will not produce a better chassis.

The chassis will carry the name "Eclipse" and were designed for high end racers.. if you are 12 years old and just bashing around the yard this chassis may not be for you.. but if you are an experienced racer and are good with setting up a buggy.. this is the chassis you've been waiting for!

Price will be determined within the next 2 days (same with new photos). If you do not agree this chassis is the best your money will be refunded (only if the chassis was never used and in new condition within 7 days). To reserve a chassis send an email to: drvonhoss@aol.com

Only 6 chassis's were produced today and 3 are already sold (even though the buyers don't know the exact price). I assume the chassis will cost between $50 to $90 but I don't have an exact cost at this time (still waiting for the bill from the machine shop). We are not planning on making tons of cash by selling chassis's.. we are doing this to help other 1/8th scale buggy racers acheive the performance level they are looking for with the HALF8. I plan to work very closely with buyers to help them reach there racing goals and destroy the competition.

BitHed
11-06-2005, 01:05 PM
...Hoss this chassis sounds FREAKING FANTASTIC!! And its so good to hear how enthused you are about it...I would LOVE one but I fear that i could not use as it was designed for...I will cheer on the racer on the podium who wins with ths chassis though...Best of luck with it :cool: