PDA

View Full Version : Liniīs Skunkworks

Tiagolini
11-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey...I everybody!

Iīve been out for a few weeks. Now itīs all up n runninī
When I got back I had a immense urge to grab my Dremmel and start grinding carbon away...
Check out this upper deck...itīs rigid as hell and saved a few bits and pieces of the car. The rec/esc is still stock, as Iīll be racing in stock class (Xspeed is permited, so Iīll buy one one of these days) ...815gr ready to go.
Tell me your ideas!...
Check the links:
http://halfeight.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP9083_resize.JPG
http://halfeight.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP9080_resize.JPG
http://halfeight.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP9082_resize.JPG
Later.

Hawk
11-01-2005, 07:03 PM
outstanding. I bet you won't have any trouble with the gears or diffs binding now too.
Good job. How long did it take you to make that?
:cool:

mat3833
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
you might want to talk to bluegroove about this. he is looking for a project to start. oh and great work, do you plan to make more??

Matt

BitHed
11-02-2005, 12:14 AM
...welcome back to the boards :D interesting you went that direction..I noticed a while back that the front and rear gear cases are EXACTLY the same part and I have been fiddling with a top plate like that in my mind...I dont really like the angles you have in it but i like the idea...Loks REALLY stiff which is agood thing..Have you ever found that the stiffer you make your chassis the tighter the drivetrain gets? Great work though :cool:

Tiagolini
11-02-2005, 11:42 AM
you might want to talk to bluegroove about this. he is looking for a project to start. oh and great work, do you plan to make more??

Matt

Hello guys!
Thanks for the valuable input.
Matt: maybe Iīll do some more...water jet cutting will be employed to get the shape out. I did mine by hand.
Hawk: I would say around 5hrs from blank sheet to final instalation.
Hey Bit, thanks for the "welcoming" (never been out really). This is a really nice solution since you can cut twist (torsion) and flexure of the chassis. In fact I cutted a few extra holes to get a "fair" ammount of flex, since this originally had even less flax, which in turn will stress more other parts. :eek:
Less weight is also a benefict. Lower CG is also part of the package! :)

Letīs see how this works out.

PS: are you guys interested? :confused: If there is a sufficient number of interested I can make them.

LAter

plain_simple
11-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Hey Tiago.. Ready to get beaten at the track?! lmaoooooo ;)
Hooo... damn... sorry, i forgot you will be running on the stock class... nice work man... there's no doubt that portuguese do it better! Eheheheheheh :D

Edit 1: i got a brand new, never used X-speed if you interested and you got my cell number so let me know :cool:

Tiagolini
11-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey Tiago.. Ready to get beaten at the track?! lmaoooooo ;)
Hooo... damn... sorry, i forgot you will be running on the stock class... nice work man... there's no doubt that portuguese do it better! Eheheheheheh :D

Edit 1: i got a brand new, never used X-speed if you interested and you got my cell number so let me know :cool:

Hi there PlainSimple,

I noticed u called me yesterday, tried to reach you today. Iīphone you later ībout the Xspeed.
Stock class yes. No final dates for the H8 races yet (!!!)
We will see the beating issue...you know you cant buy "fingers"...hehehe

Thanks for the input and support. Interested in such upper plate?
later,

plain_simple
11-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Thats ok... since you also dont know the exact date for the race i guess no one does so far and i wanted to make sure because i heard its set to happend in 15 days time.
Anyways.. call me then... and about the "fingers"... we will see about that! :D

mat3833
11-02-2005, 08:13 PM
im interested, but i dont have any $ right now. i am looking into making one for my self if i can.

Matt

Tiagolini
11-02-2005, 09:10 PM
im interested, but i dont have any $ right now. i am looking into making one for my self if i can.

Matt

What do you guys think it would be a fair price? :D
1) just for the brace
2) for a carbon fiber chassis with baterry cutouts etc
Price is FOB in Portugal of course!

Hawk
11-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the info. 5hrs. lot of work in just that one part. It looks really good though. I guess it pays off. :cool:
So, where can I get a water jet to do that?

mat3833
11-02-2005, 09:31 PM
the price depends on how much it costs you to make it. if it is cheap then id say about 15-20. correct me if im wrong but i think this price should be in carbon fiber. for a full chassis w/ the brace im thinking about 80.00

Matt

Tiagolini
11-03-2005, 08:41 AM
the price depends on how much it costs you to make it. if it is cheap then id say about 15-20. correct me if im wrong but i think this price should be in carbon fiber. for a full chassis w/ the brace im thinking about 80.00

Matt

Hum...OK
Howīs about the combo for US $100?
Thatīs about EUR €82,8
I have not yet checked the prices with my workshop, but Iīll try to do that ASAP. My job will very time consuming this week. At the end of next week I hope to get some prices posted.
All prices FOB PT.

Guys reply to me, as I may actually do some chassis and upper stifenners.
If there is demand Iīll make a prototype and post detailed pics here.
The chassis would have some options. Iīm plannin on making 3 versions of chassis sets, and 1 type of upper stiffener.

BitHed
11-04-2005, 06:27 AM
...Lini I am VERY interested in EVERYTHING...Maybe we can work out a deal ;) Keep me posted of your plans and I will go out and water the money tree :D

Tiagolini
11-04-2005, 09:56 AM
...Lini I am VERY interested in EVERYTHING...Maybe we can work out a deal ;) Keep me posted of your plans and I will go out and water the money tree :D

Hey Bithed...thanks for the support.

Iīll keep you and everyone updated.
News next week...no prototype yet scheduled.

Regards,

Tiagolini
11-12-2005, 09:39 AM
"Next week" has arived and news havenīt
Sorry guys, but after my calcs I donīt think I can make such chassis or stiffener. I thinks itīs abit too expensive to be honest, so I droped the idea!

There are already a few things out there, so no need to "help" everyone as you already have a few choices.

Iīll keep you posted on my home brew developments.

Later!