PDA

View Full Version : Gulfie's Inferno

gulfclk
11-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Finally ...it's (almost) finished.

When I received the car, I drove it with the standard setup and was really disapointed. Was this the car everybody was so happy about? But just like with my mini-T, I started rebuilding it.

First of all, I made the CF chassis. 3,5mm thick and with well orientated fibre direction for optimal stifness and maximum handling.

... it was machined, not handmade, so all the dimensions were right. I lenghtened it by 2 mm, which will give me a bit of an advantage to the rest, but not noticebla when you look at the chassis. (I still have 1 chassis left, so ...)

... then, all the other godies. Full alu suspension (because I know otherwise it will break), titanium shafts, Atomic center ball diff (because there's no 3R one yet) and all other stuff you can see on the pictures.

... the servo has been orientated in a different way to gain more space. Batteries are fixed with velcro, which seems to work fine.

... the front and rear diffs are standard ... waiting for the #R ones. The AON4900 has so much power I strippedthe diffs after one hour ... so I'll have to see how to solve this problem. I hope the 3R diff's are coming soon.

... I also made a foam carstand with integrated vent ... let me know if somebody has an intrest in those. I can make some more.

... to protect the chassis, I mounted front and rear 2mm titanium skit plates. And they work!

So ... now the pictures. If you have comments or questions, shoot me. Still have to find a proper setup and try some more ... with good diffs!

BiGRoB21
11-01-2005, 01:50 PM
that car stand is supe nice!!! how much would you want for one of thoes?

plain_simple
11-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Looks great.. good work :cool:

gulfclk
11-01-2005, 02:29 PM
that car stand is supe nice!!! how much would you want for one of thoes?

We're currently looking into the production of those. I'll keep you folks updated!

plain_simple
11-01-2005, 05:46 PM
You should update your signature to "carbon fiber chassis already on track" :D

BitHed
11-02-2005, 12:24 AM
...great work gulfy..looks great...

..QUESTION: Any adverse servo flex WITHOUT the brace over the top..Ive been thinking about that recently...

...No problems without running the REAR top plate? Makes it look really clean...

...I LOVE the red parts ;)

...I would be interested in your titanium plates front and rear...Let me know if they will be avaialable either openly or privately...

...Keep up the good work...

DrVonHoSS
11-02-2005, 12:33 AM
sweet car!!

i see you just spent the last 3 weeks doing nothing but working on your HALF8..thats pretty much how my past 3 weeks have been. these cars are great once you spend some time and money on them.

how does it jump with the motor up front? i reversed my motor and mounted the lipo on 1 side.. the car is heavier on the battery side... i might have to add weight on the other side... we'll see..

nice work.. i have a ton of respect for the time you put into that.

gulfclk
11-02-2005, 05:06 AM
Hey Bit ... here's my comments ...

...great work gulfy..looks great...
... you know, detail is my business card!

..QUESTION: Any adverse servo flex WITHOUT the brace over the top..Ive been thinking about that recently...
No flex at all. I made aluminium servo brackets myself. More or less like the RC18T ones. Very stiff and mounted on a 3.5mm carbon chassis, nothing is moving. The way I positioned the servo is absolutely not a problem. The only flexing comes from the Atomic servo saver, which is no good at all. I will get another one or make an aluminium horn myself. I use the GPM steering rack, so I cannot use the original servo saver mechism ... which was perfect after all. Perhaps I'll have to get back to that!

...No problems without running the REAR top plate? Makes it look really clean...
As I said ... 3.5mm thick carbon fibre is not giving anything. The braces are still there, in titanium of cours, so they help a bit, but no problems there!

...I LOVE the red parts http://www.halfeight.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

...I would be interested in your titanium plates front and rear...Let me know if they will be avaialable either openly or privately...
I made them myself ... and it was the last titanium I had left. It was a hell of a job to make them. I used class 5, which is very hard! Bending the front one, even on a bench, was quite some fun!

...Keep up the good work...

gulfclk
11-02-2005, 05:08 AM
Yeah Dr, that's the problem. Great cars, but you have to spent some extra money on them!

The jumping with the motor in the front is OK. I have to 'steer' the nose however with the throttle when the car is in the air. It jumps rather neutral. But, it takes some practice.

Get me some pictures of your setup ... I would love to see the motor in the back!

sweet car!!

i see you just spent the last 3 weeks doing nothing but working on your HALF8..thats pretty much how my past 3 weeks have been. these cars are great once you spend some time and money on them.

how does it jump with the motor up front? i reversed my motor and mounted the lipo on 1 side.. the car is heavier on the battery side... i might have to add weight on the other side... we'll see..

nice work.. i have a ton of respect for the time you put into that.

plain_simple
11-02-2005, 02:54 PM
There you go Gulfie...
http://www.halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1109&page=3&pp=10

Still waiting for an answer on that email i sent you ;)

gulfclk
11-04-2005, 05:35 AM
Did you get my reply? I did not see anything coming back ....

There you go Gulfie...
http://www.halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1109&page=3&pp=10

Still waiting for an answer on that email i sent you ;)

plain_simple
11-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Yes i did Gulfie... you got mail again ;)

gulfclk
01-04-2006, 09:29 AM
I still have one new CF chassis for sale. It's 3,5mm think, so you can get rid of the upper deck stuff.
It is FULL CF, not 2 outer layers of CF and the rest black glass fibre ... so the chassis is stiff as hell. A real racers must. The fibres are orientated 0-45-0-45-... degrees for optimal stiffness.

The bottom of the chassis has countersunck holes, the slots for the motormount adjusting screws are machined and the CF structure is non glossy (so you'll see less scratches).
The top of the chassis is a very fine CF structure with a glossy finish.

This chassis is a direct fit for all the parts of an original chassis.

70 Euro's + shipping is a fixed price. Paypal or bank tranfer only.

Drop me an e-mail at tom@mini-z.be

JonteJsson
01-07-2006, 05:05 PM
There is just one "word" for this
:eek:

gulfclk
01-08-2006, 06:12 PM
There is just one "word" for this
:eek:

which means ....

gulfclk
04-23-2006, 12:22 PM
and now it's for sale ...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7409549008

Good luck bidding!

benz19
04-23-2006, 09:44 PM
and now it's for sale ...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7409549008

Good luck bidding!

WHY are you selling????

rustler08
04-24-2006, 04:24 AM
Holy hell, are those tire warmers?

gulfclk
04-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Holy hell, are those tire warmers?

yep, the tire heaters come with the package.

I sell the car because I am dissapointed with it's performance. Even with all the hopups I have, it's a great car but my mini-T used to jump 100 times better than this.

For the rest ... probably the best 4x4 mini in the world. But ... not my thing for jumping.