PDA

View Full Version : A few questions..Regarding 777 Sp1

Thomas P
10-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Is the 777 SpI a good car? i dont know much..or nothing about this cars..erlier ive been driving ICtrack and this is new, so i can if i want trade my MRX with options and a RC18T FT mamba 8000 against this car

777 sp1
hyper 21 8p
starter
8 differnt tiers
Truggy stuff
Fuel

Is this a good deal or? whatīs the + and -about this car

BiGRoB21
10-31-2005, 04:48 PM
the car has won many titles so it has to be a good car. the only flaw that yo hear about it is that it can be hard for a new 8th scale comer to get to hook up and it isnt the best car throught rought stuff.

Hawk
10-31-2005, 04:49 PM
The MP777 SP1 is an excellent platform. It is strong, it is very quick and transitions well. You don't need all the power in the world to win with this car because it handle the best. If the driver is up to it, you drive around everybody else on the track. Of all the cars out there in the market, this one is number 1 or 2 in everybody's comparison.
One problem now is there are so many good cars available, it is hard to say which one is the best. They are all good and to some degree it is about the driver's preferences. Kyosho is the company that makes the winning changes year after year. No huge redesigns are thrown out there for people to wonder and have to trust the vendor. It was world champion over and over. refinement of the design using what works on the tracks. If you see it on another buggy, it was probably on a kyosho first.
The factory setup up is a good start, and look around for the Pavidis setups for Hemet. They are golden. Kyosho Japan web site has setups for many other world class drivers, most are similar with each driver using his own little tweak.
Good luck and Good Driving. :cool:

Thomas P
10-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Thank you very much , i think il do this transfer...i wont race, just running around and have fun on track..itīs my Half8 fault ;)..the best car i ever tried to jump with.

plain_simple
10-31-2005, 05:30 PM
The MP777 SP1 is an excellent platform. It is strong, it is very quick and transitions well.
The factory setup up is a good start, and look around for the Pavidis setups for Hemet. They are golden. Kyosho Japan web site has setups for many other world class drivers, most are similar with each driver using his own little tweak.

Fully agree with Hawk... Before you hit the track with that baby you need to set it up the proper way and then go your own way with a tweak here and there.
I also have a 777 (SP2 version) but since your a newcomer to the 1/8 scene (wild guess here) the SP1 will be more then enough for you to get the feeling of what that scale is all about and have a lot of fun.
The first time i drove it on the SP1 version my feeling was "this is a on power car since the car seems to handle better on power then off power but with time i realised that sometimes you need to know when to brake to go faster, so just take your time and enjoy the car ;)
Welcome to the 1/8 scene btw :)

Thomas P
11-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Thx a lot for the tip, i think i did the right thing

Starter
9 different set of tires
Hper 21 8p Turbo(no race,but a good neebie motor?)
Car
Servos
Truggy stuf(wont use, but thx anyway to the seller)
Boddies

Price? my RC18T and MiniQuake..still owns the best 1:16-1:18 ever been drinving..the Half 8 :D

Peace

/ThomasP

plain_simple
11-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Well.. that was a good trade i must say :)
The Hyper engine will be a good way to start although it doesnt allow you to notice so well how good that chassis is but since your a newcomer its better to start with a more slow engine then having power you cant control without some experience at it.
Dont forget to setup the car properly before hiting the track, thats a major step to start the right way ;)

EphiDelt490
11-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Definitely a good trade! 8th scale has been the reason I've almost completely got out of electric RC. I keep my 18T and my H8 to turn heads at the track :). I prefer the Xray XB8 to the SP1, but like Hawk said, it's all driver preference with the high dollar buggies. They are almost all identical except for a few minor things here and there. If you are looking for a good "race" motor that will get you into entry level racing, look at the RB Concepts motors. There are a few under $200. Very good bang for the buck.

-Adam

plain_simple
11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Yep.. he hit the jackpot indeed on that trade.
Your XB8 looks great Adam.. did you solved that problem? Nice choice of colours as usual ;)

EphiDelt490
11-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks ;)...

Problem was solved as soon as I got in the pit after it happened.
I've got a new body now, that's the kit body and I just threw some paint on it to get it on the track.

-Adam

Hawk
11-02-2005, 09:07 PM
About the motor. If it works and starts/runs good, you could use it to become familiar. It will eventually give you trouble though. Get a good motor and have lots more fun with power to throw the thing around and really use the suspension. He's right, the more power you have the more the ability of the buggy will show.
I like the OS VZ-B VSpec. It is powerful, has great low end, great top end and is easy to break in and tune. Once you break it in, it just runs and runs. You don't have to tweak it unless you want that extra 2% power out of it.
Use 30% nitro fuel like O'donnels but you are not in the states so you can probably find good quality 25% nitro fuel. Use afterrun oil when you are done for the day and keep the insides in good shape.
I didn't see a temp gauge in the list, get one. There are many that are modest in cost but useful. Use a heat gun unless the temperature is hot outside. Get the engine nice and warm before you start it up and the compression will stay for a long time.
If you have trouble starting, change to a new glow plug and try it. If that doesn't work, go over things logically, one step at a time.

And most of all, have fun. :cool:

Thomas P
11-03-2005, 03:41 AM
Thanks for those tipīs mr Hawk..i think i found my new home :D, il pick it up tomorow morning (friday) .first im gonna test drive it,then im gonna ear it apart,and change,clean every single part of the car..to bad the manual was lost,( could be fun to have) gona order a new one.

Hawk
11-03-2005, 05:23 AM
For an instruction manual on the MP777 SP1, follow the link and click on the 'Instruction Manual' button. It will down load. Acrobat reader for printing or reading.
http://commerce2.i2net.com/able55stores/stores/9/Half-Eight-Mini-Inferno-777-Type-1-P738C104.aspx

I thoroughly encourage you to find out what makes it tick. Take the shocks/springs off the arms and move them with you hands. Make sure there is no binding. If it is eliminate it. Check the steering is smooth and no binding or rough spots there also.

Turn the center diff with your hand and see how smooth the transmission and diffs are. It should feel like butter. No noise, rough spots or binding. Make sure the bearings are clean and put a spot of light oil on them.

Put new diff oil in the ctr and rear diffs if the front it lsd. Or change silicone fluid in all three (3k/5k/1k frt/ctr/rear). Set the gear mesh. This is one area that gets lots of abuse and will break if you let it. The crown/bevel gear will chew each other up if too loose or tight. put a little grease on them and set them with almost no backlash. Get the shims to set the diff in the bulkhead against the bevel gear. Make sure the set screw on the output shaft to the center is locktighted and snug against the bulkhead.

Change the clutch bearings (get several of those 5/10 bearings) and clean the inside of the clutch bell and outside of the clutch shoes. For bashing and occasional racing, get the carbon shoes with 1.0 springs for better results and less maintenance. Don't leave oil or grease in the clutch bearings esp. the inside one. It just gets on the clutch when things get hot.

Put new fuel tubing on with a cleaned filter. Take the fuel tank off and wash it out by sloshing fuel around inside and pour it out. Check to make sure it will hold pressure.

Don't overtighten the screws. This is at least their second trip into their hole so it should be smooth but tight. Any rough spots or difficulty, find out why. Replace the screws that are not perfect. Screws are cheap and no big deal on the bench. They ruin you day when the break or come out in the field.

Use clean new fuel. Use freshly charged ignitor and starter battery. Make sure the receiver battery is in good shape and charged.

But most of all, Have a good time.

:cool:

plain_simple
11-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks ;)...

Problem was solved as soon as I got in the pit after it happened.
I've got a new body now, that's the kit body and I just threw some paint on it to get it on the track.

-Adam

I like the way you throw that paint :D
I was referring to the knuckle issue... ;)

EphiDelt490
11-03-2005, 02:04 PM
I know JT ;), I was too, lol. I fixed it after it happened, but it was in the qualifier so it didn't help me at all in that round. Then the damn battery died with 2 1/2 minutes left in the 30 minute A-Main, grrrr... Solved that though, bought a 2600 mah pack, no more worries. Hawk, have you heard of the bearing problems in the VSpec? I know quite a few people who have had the front bearing start leaking air after only a couple gallons.

plain_simple
11-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Great, glad you did solve it Adam.. about the bearing on the V-Spec i guess he knows about it and he actually has some way of getting ceramic bearings to replace the original one's... not a bad idea, uhn?! ;)

Hawk
11-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Great, glad you did solve it Adam.. about the bearing on the V-Spec i guess he knows about it and he actually has some way of getting ceramic bearings to replace the original one's... not a bad idea, uhn?! ;)

I have three OS motors. No bearing problems. Rock solid. I have had several people that referred to a bearing problem but have never talked to anyone that has owned an engine that had it. It is kind of funny that way.
I am going to put new bearings in my oldes VSpec. The bearing size is a very common one. Same as the P5 Novarossi motors and the RB 14mm crank engines like the C5.
Bocca has ceramic hybred large crank bearing and RB Concept has a ceramic hybred for the C5 too. As part of my winter rebuild, I will be installing new bearings in my old motor with cylinder and piston. After a little breakin, I will replace the rod too.

Like I said above, always heat the crankcase before starting. It cranks easier and keeps the compression up there. Less wear and tear on the engine all around. It is certainly worth the little time in my book.

One thing I forgot above is get a good air cleaner with plenty of replaceable elements and oil. There are all kinds of brands and expensive to cheap. The Mugen buggy aircleaner setup is $8-9 and works well in MP777. Get plenty of elements and keep them oiled in a baggy. Change them often and keep dirt out of the engine.

I have tried several engines as part of our engine development program. RB C5, NovaMax P5, OS and even an on road. I like the VSpec for our program. The power is right, the power range is excellent and it just runs and runs. Just feed it clean fuel, keep the dirt out and heat it before starting. We will probably try other engines this next year as well.

We also tried a professionally modified motor. It was very nice and the biggest return on the investment was the fuel mileage improvement (about 30%). We may or may not do that again. :cool:

EphiDelt490
11-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Hawk it's the same here. I know 2 guys that have had there VSpec's for damn near 5 and 6 gallons, and they still run strong. Then other's who have blown the front bearing in about 2 gallons. I'm sure it boils down to how the motor is serviced and cleaned. I have a big Hurricane benefit race this weekend, have to see if the tired old RG will hold up :).

-Adam

Thomas P
11-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Damn, nice with som tips :D..

Here is da car. just cleaned..

http://galleriet.hobby-site.com/bilder/Inferno%20777%20sp1/777renovering.jpg

http://galleriet.hobby-site.com/bilder/Inferno%20777%20sp1/777renovering1.jpg

http://galleriet.hobby-site.com/bilder/Inferno%20777%20sp1/777renovering2.jpg

plain_simple
11-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Now... doesnt that looks way better then a RC18T and MiniQuake?! :)
Soon you'll be changing that bashing idea for racing ;) :D

Thomas P
11-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Yepp..thats the way to go...starting @ my local BMX track..."now this is fun"..next stop ..Offroad track :P...this is it..:D

Ts the best deal i ever done :D.. think :P

EphiDelt490
11-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Definitely! Car looks good. Definitely a racers car, look how the anodizing has come off the wheel nuts from being taken on and off so many times to change wheels :). You'll definitely be happy with the trade Thomas!

-Adam

Thomas P
11-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Thx a lot guys...this is what i wanted to hear :D:D..I cant w8 to get this car running..maybe this weekend :P

Hawk
11-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Couple of things. The driver was pretty good, the stock front shock towers are straight as an arrow. That is a good sign. :D If you spend a lot of time upside down, those towers take a large amount of punishment. Looks good, well maintained.
One question though, on the rear shocks, you have a lot of preload. This is going to put the back of the car higher than the front and make it a bit of a handfull to handle on turnin. The rear arms should be nearly level with everything on board, ready to run if you drop it on a flat level space. The front bones(axles) should be level. If the springs are sagging, replace them, you need them to be in good shape. They don't look sagged because they are bulging around the shock near the bottom.
If the backend is hitting on jumps, that is part normal and part can be tuned out. Try different shock pistons in the back, 1.3s a a little heavier shock fluid. I think with the rear that high at setdown, it is going to hop around a lot and be less control able, the shocks won't have much play to handle upward movement.
Just a thought. :cool:
I like the cars dirty better than the clean ones. Just my perversion I guess. :eek:

Thomas P
11-05-2005, 04:56 AM
Couple of things. The driver was pretty good, the stock front shock towers are straight as an arrow. That is a good sign. :D If you spend a lot of time upside down, those towers take a large amount of punishment. Looks good, well maintained.
One question though, on the rear shocks, you have a lot of preload. This is going to put the back of the car higher than the front and make it a bit of a handfull to handle on turnin. The rear arms should be nearly level with everything on board, ready to run if you drop it on a flat level space. The front bones(axles) should be level. If the springs are sagging, replace them, you need them to be in good shape. They don't look sagged because they are bulging around the shock near the bottom.
If the backend is hitting on jumps, that is part normal and part can be tuned out. Try different shock pistons in the back, 1.3s a a little heavier shock fluid. I think with the rear that high at setdown, it is going to hop around a lot and be less control able, the shocks won't have much play to handle upward movement.
Just a thought. :cool::

Thx Hawk for that tip, i will check it out, and since im totaly new on offroad, i have to test everything, but im gonna change the preload ASAP

Yes the erlier owner onl had it fo approx 9 month,and only running @ home :)

I like the cars dirty better than the clean ones. Just my perversion I guess. :eek:

Pssst, me to BUT i would like to see it once before il running it over the edge int to the land of dirt and mud

Thomas P
11-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Hmmm, i was planing to do a test start today, but, my starter didnt wan to play ..i have 2 "longer" 540 size engines, runging with 12v a lot of A...BUT its a used starter, but one of the engines died :mad: worked for 20 sec..the other still goes..installed a old K-speed :D:D fried that sucker ..

In the local (dont know the word,but you can buy , tools,machines,electrik stuff, building equipment etc) they have 540 engines but only 6V, 2 of these must be working? tried one of those erlier in a tire truer, and one hell strong motor.. What ya think ?

http://www.clasohlson.se/shop/store/fs_mm.asp?COSID=FE6D6E69E1544F5AA0B3292EB5EEC6B244 4103&CatPath=0q112q518q521&CampPath=&IsCampaign=N&NoCache=6833056#N0q112q518q521

plain_simple
11-06-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm not that good on that since i never had any problems with starters and i always carry a spare motors set with me and i dont recall if they are 6 or 12V but my guess is that it will work if you connect them on serie.
Worse scenario is.. connect 4 of them through a spur gear.
Now... that would be wild! eheheheh ;)

Thomas P
11-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Damn i do luuuv that sound of the motor..it did start so easy if you do the right thin :D...Did a testrun at the paringlot...nw its raining almost everyday :(..and working so long days,that i cant drive anything cuz the dark :(

plain_simple
11-07-2005, 07:35 PM
I got an idea for you... spend 150 on a plane ticket and come ride with us! :D
Sometimes its great to live in Europe's California lol ;)

EphiDelt490
11-08-2005, 03:46 AM
I'd be there in a heartbeat if I had the cash :). Euro tracks are some of the most badass layouts I've ever seen.

plain_simple
11-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeppers and guess what? No rain.. no snow.. no nothing! just a bit of cold and thats it ;)

EphiDelt490
11-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Mine will be here Monday :cool:. Figured it might make an okay backup car :p .

EphiDelt490
11-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Hawk, with the torsen diff in the front, what exactly does that do for the buggy? I know not too many people run them down here because of traction, but I was just curious to what exactly it did. Thanks man,

-Adam

Hawk
11-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Adam,
I have never run a torsen. I have used the lsd in a Kanai buggy, run open diffs now. I have also used a different kind of limited slip diff, that is based on a ramp design and is used on large vehicles as well.

What I would say is the Torsen works on a track with lots of changing traction areas. Mostly loose though. If you run on a high tracton track or where the traction surface is close to the same all over the track, run an open diff and tune with the fluid.

What I like about the open diffs and tuning with silicone fluids is you know how it will re-act all the time. It acts the same everywhere on the track. It is predictable. If you can find the right combination with f/c/r diffs you are golden. And tuning is very predictable and linear in its results.
What I would say to you is put one in and run on a track you are familiar with. See what it does and what it doesn't do. Depend less on what you hear and read. Depend on your own experience.

bermbuster
11-11-2005, 10:59 PM
hey guys what would be the total investment for a 1/8 inferno???(minus radio gear) How much more for a season of racing? Christmas is coming and I need to choose a present for myself........ :cool: thanks....

Hawk
11-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Try this to start:
1/8 Buggy
Part/Component Number Price

Kyosho KYO31779B MP777 SP2 Kit 749.00
Kyosho KYOIFW125 48 Tooth Center Spur Gear 26.99
Starter Box w/battery and charger 100.00
Futaba S9351 Digital Hi Torque Servo 2(109.99) 219.98
Nimh 6v 1200mAh 25.95
Panther Medium Soft Molded Foam inserts 1/8 9.25
Proline Crime Fighter M2 1/8 Buggy Tires 2(17.49) 34.98

21 VZ-B V-Spec-T (P) 280.00

30% Nitro Fuel 32.99

PSR Filter Set 12 RMV-Turbo 33.69
Fioroni Ergal Front Knuckles 78.99
K Factory MP777 St Steel Hardened Hinge Pin Set 42.99

Total 1,634.81

Tires, wheels, foams 1 new set per race weekend. Big meet, many days, 1 set per day
1 gallon of fuel per month
clutch parts
shock silicone fluid $5 per wt.
diff fluid $7 per bottle
screws, nuts, little parts
Race fees $20-50
Food?

bermbuster
11-12-2005, 08:26 PM
thanks......i appreciate the hop ups needed. The truth is I do not have the free time for that big of an investment. I bet they are much fun to race...... Maybe a lesser buggy or a stadium truck by kyosho.

Hawk
11-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Another approach is get a RTR. Kyosho has one. It won't be A main Expert material (I know some drivers that could put it there, they could win driving a rock on a string.) but I have seen them be competative in the sportsman local races.
The good news, It is all put together, ready to race (hence RTR) and are based on the basics of the world class racers. The cost is pretty good you can get Kyosho's for $429 at:
http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/catalog/default.php?cPath=18_33. As you can see there are others, the Jammin looks pretty good too.
The bad news is they will not be as bullet proof as the giga dollar race guns. So be prepared to replace parts as they die, break or need adjustment. In the end you can end up building a pretty solid buggy with the right parts. #one is the diffs. but that is another thread.
So, buy fuel, batteries and hit the track.
Better?

Thomas P
11-13-2005, 06:56 AM
Today i will test the car little bit more, only tested it for a week ago on the parkinglot.

Itīs soon winter here in Sweden :S, so its just gonna be a test @ the big local BMXtrack with some serious biiig jumps :D.

EphiDelt490
11-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the info Hawk. Raced this past weekend with some of the Xray big guns, got owned :). Jason Branham, Frosty St. Clair, Ronnie Norris, it was fun though. The SP-1 will be here shortly, so I'll give it a little wheel time this week and see what I think. I like my Xray better than the SP-2 or SP-1, but the sP-1 is still an uber-wicked buggy :). Working on getting the SP-2 bits now. Berm, you ought to look at the Jammin buggies, they are awesome. The Jammin Truggy is by far the best I've seen except for the THXAT Xray Truggy, but you could buy 3 Jammin Truggies for the price of that.

-Adam

Thomas P
11-15-2005, 05:16 AM
And im sold..what a experience :D...just did some testrun at the local (what ya call it,its a loooot of sand,where companies can get some of it) sand "thing"...fast as hell...verry "handy"..this is my call...Buggy :)

/Thomas P

pointcrossed
11-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I am thinking of getting an SP2 myself most likely this weekend. Its an expensive costing hobby on a yearly basis if going twice a month with practice every weekend, but not be as expensive as golf or even tournament paintball with weekly field play buying paintballs air and tournament fees, and green fees and balls and carts for golf.

Also offroad tires last alot longer than one day depending on the track or you can use them for practice, but I know mostly after a 30 or 40 minute main they're toast...

plain_simple
11-30-2005, 01:46 AM
... Its an expensive costing hobby on a yearly basis if going twice a month with practice every weekend, but not be as expensive as golf or even tournament paintball with weekly field play buying paintballs air and tournament fees, and green fees and balls and carts for golf.

For sure its less expensive then paintball and for sure its way less expensive then snobbysh golf :p

... Also offroad tires last alot longer than one day depending on the track or you can use them for practice, but I know mostly after a 30 or 40 minute main they're toast...

After that they will be more then toasted and ready to go just for bashing porposes :cool:

BiGRoB21
11-30-2005, 02:45 AM
hey pincrossed i got one for yah. b4 hurrican katrina screwed everything up for me. i was playing paintball on a div2 xball team. have all my rc cars, ride motocross, and play golf. you think that was expensieve? i was spending 2000$ a month on just my hobbies.

plain_simple
12-01-2005, 02:20 AM
hey pincrossed i got one for yah. b4 hurrican katrina screwed everything up for me. i was playing paintball on a div2 xball team. have all my rc cars, ride motocross, and play golf. you think that was expensieve? i was spending 2000$ a month on just my hobbies.

like i usually say... there's nothing better then to spend money in what bring us some life quality and fun :cool:

pointcrossed
12-01-2005, 02:32 AM

If youre playing div2 how do you even find the time to do the other hobbies, have a gf, work, or even sleep? In Southern California most hobbies can become another full time job that you may not get paid to do, just to be competitive...

Sounds like you are stuck in the middle of spread thin and working and interest conflicts, a love/hate triangle. :eek:

I would be stuck in some crisis intervention program or a straightjacket.... :(

BitHed
12-01-2005, 02:40 AM
I would be stuck in some crisis intervention program or a straightjacket.... :(

...Point you are a gaijin in Japan so its the same thing really ;) Welcome to my nightmare :eek:

plain_simple
12-01-2005, 03:17 AM
eheheheheh you japanese guys kill me! gaijin... sounds like stranger... lol :D

BiGRoB21
12-01-2005, 04:41 AM
poitcrossed. here is how i did it.

motocross was done on Thursday nights.
Paintball every sunday. unless there was a tourniment then i did that. (Plaid for Rock-it Kidz)
local rc track held the races on sat but was open every night of the week for practice
i worked at a golf course so i plaid for free even sometimes got pait to play lol.
and the g/f i went to her house at almost every night.
all while taking 15 hours of college classes.

EphiDelt490
12-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Well now all you do is play with toys cars :D! So get that Jam-on rolling so I can show you how it's done on the track :eek: . The XB8 is hungry for some Jammin :p

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/ephidelt490/XB8NewPaintfront.jpg

BiGRoB21
12-01-2005, 06:28 PM
dont worry adam. the time will come soon!

EphiDelt490
12-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Good, it will have to eat Mugen's and Kyosho's for the time being ;). Adam Drake is supposed to be coming to this race in Houston next weekend, should be fun. New body for my painting buddy, MBX5 Crowd Pleazer 2.0...

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/ephidelt490/DKNewSchemetop.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/ephidelt490/DKNewScheme.jpg

BiGRoB21
12-01-2005, 08:42 PM
she is ready and waiting for you ....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/regulatorz21/jammin.jpg

pointcrossed
12-02-2005, 12:01 PM
poitcrossed. here is how i did it.

motocross was done on Thursday nights.
Paintball every sunday. unless there was a tourniment then i did that. (Plaid for Rock-it Kidz)
local rc track held the races on sat but was open every night of the week for practice
i worked at a golf course so i plaid for free even sometimes got pait to play lol.
and the g/f i went to her house at almost every night.
all while taking 15 hours of college classes.

You forgot about the Hustle&Grind in between to pay for it all :p

Just Kidding....

I worked and lived in San Diego, on the weekends I have to hustle up to hollywood sports to practice (Bushwhackers semi am) then sunday practice with the womens team or local teams at velocity which was required for every tourney, so I could stay regular and not backup, and then adrenaline on wed night to practice on air bunker with pros. I was sponsored so it dropped my monthly expenses to around $800 a month for everything, and even though I was sponsored and getting everything else free or at cost (paint and goods), we still had to buy our markers at full retail (WGP) and we had to have at least 2 tuned and legal by an airsmith, we were not allowed to work on our markers, because if our markers failed, we were not at fault. That was my expense till I ever went pro and even pros dont get their paint for free. you should know this thats why all the teams are always selling paint especially after a tourney to pay bills cuz they had no real sponsors. Thats to make a long story short.... :rolleyes:

I have always been into RC especially racing and its fun being competitive and always a learning experience and I get more satisfaction out of it and less brusing....

BiGRoB21
12-02-2005, 12:52 PM
yah we have sponsers too and that cut my cost alot!!

EphiDelt490
12-02-2005, 03:46 PM
she is ready and waiting for you ....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/regulatorz21/jammin.jpg
I'll be sure to bring a rope so you can tie your car to mine and let me pull it around the trcak to show you how it's done ;)...

BiGRoB21
12-02-2005, 08:17 PM
i wont be needing rope. i tried calling you to see if you needed anything from hobby hut i stoped in there to get me a gallon of fuel today.

mat3833
12-03-2005, 01:32 AM
nice buggies guys!! hey rob what motor are you running??

Matt

pointcrossed
12-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Definitely! Car looks good. Definitely a racers car, look how the anodizing has come off the wheel nuts from being taken on and off so many times to change wheels :). You'll definitely be happy with the trade Thomas!

-Adam

I spray some dry teflon lube on the inside of the socket and it helps alot to keep the anodizing on....

BiGRoB21
12-03-2005, 09:49 PM
im running a os rz

EphiDelt490
12-04-2005, 11:25 PM
No rope eh? We'll see :D. We should be able to roll to Lafayette Thursday.

-Adam

mat3833
12-04-2005, 11:27 PM
im running a os rz
nice!! man i never should have traded my ultra LX... :(

Matt

BiGRoB21
12-05-2005, 01:02 AM
yah. 8th scales is where the racing is at down here. im new to the class and still learning.

Adam - awsome i wana put my jammin out on the track.

EphiDelt490
12-05-2005, 03:51 AM
mat3833, I've got a rolling chassis Ultra LX if you're interested. Needs a screw or two and a new tank.

Rob, Thursday should definitely be a go. I've got to finish my last essay on Wednesday night that's due on Thursday at 11. We'll get that Jammin hooked up.

-Adam

BiGRoB21
12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
awsome. just let me know for shure so i can take off work again. we can meat in the walmart parking lot again and roll from there ?

EphiDelt490
12-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Yep :). There should be a good bit of guys out there. There are a good 10-15 of us rolling to Houston this weekend for their last big nitro race at FasTrak. Thursday should be fun.

-Adam

mat3833
12-05-2005, 04:38 PM
how much are you asking? i am working on getting a mini inferno chassis at the moment but i would realy like to get back into 1/8. my biggest thing was the rear diff on the ultra LX kept stripping out, couldnt figure out why.

Matt

BiGRoB21
12-05-2005, 09:00 PM
how much is who asking. i didnt see anyone selling a 8th scale ?

EphiDelt490
12-07-2005, 05:53 PM
how much are you asking? i am working on getting a mini inferno chassis at the moment but i would realy like to get back into 1/8. my biggest thing was the rear diff on the ultra LX kept stripping out, couldnt figure out why.

Matt
$75 + whatever the shipping cost is. I have a few pics if you are interested. You may have to shim the rear diff to prevent that. I have never even run the buggy. I got it as a trade to use for the screws and what not that are on the car when i had my Hot Bodies. I sold that Hot Bodies and have no use for the OFNA now. So just LMK,

Here are a few pics of my SP1 body that I painted up last night :eek:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/ephidelt490/SP1NewPaint3.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/ephidelt490/SP1NewPaint2.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/ephidelt490/SP1NewPaint1.jpg

-Adam