PDA

View Full Version : battery protector

ianpog
10-30-2005, 01:32 AM
anybody had experience using this batt protector? i mean it comes with the 8-cell pack from kyosho and they say that you should always connect that one. but as i've experienced, it really gets hot. i mean hotter than the motor. sometimes going over 200F! and i've also melted a bit of the wires on the ESC (to the battery).

i'm just wondering if i just remove that battery protector???

anybody using an 8-cell pack w/out that thing?

btw, im using a graupner speed 400 4.8V

DrVonHoSS
10-30-2005, 01:40 AM
anybody had experience using this batt protector? i mean it comes with the 8-cell pack from kyosho and they say that you should always connect that one. but as i've experienced, it really gets hot. i mean hotter than the motor. sometimes going over 200F! and i've also melted a bit of the wires on the ESC (to the battery).

i'm just wondering if i just remove that battery protector???

anybody using an 8-cell pack w/out that thing?

btw, im using a graupner speed 400 4.8V

Ive never used a speed400 4.8volt.. but.. if your battery is getting that hot.. you may have other problems. Check the gear mesh and make sure the car rolls freely when the pinion is removed.

ianpog
10-30-2005, 01:13 AM
i've check all those stuffs. no binding, gear mesh ok. ball bearings on 4 wheels

tnx

ianpog
10-30-2005, 07:10 AM
anybody else experienced this?

driftology
10-30-2005, 04:42 PM
i would just get rid of the battery protector. i made my own 8 cell pack and i have been running just fine. i have an xspeed motor tho. it gets pretty hot but nothin that will blow it. ive even ran on 9cells a few times. that makes the esc a little warm

Hammer
10-30-2005, 09:24 PM
ianpog, is it the battery protector that’s getting hot, the battery pack or both? The battery protector is supposed to “protect the batteries”. I’ve had no problems without one with my UnitedRC 8 cell packs. ;)

BitHed
10-31-2005, 02:29 AM
...Ianpog run till you bl;ow it up...i have another one that i have an ice-cubes chance in hell of selling so i will send it to you if you have a melt-down...or take it off if you are worried...Not good getting THAT hot...

ianpog
10-31-2005, 05:32 PM
hi guys. actually my name is IAN.

anyway, the only one that's getting really hot is the battery protector. i just don't know if that's the reason a bit of the ESC wires melted. i'm gonna give it a try removing that one.

Hammer
10-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Ian, l would do as Bit suggested and remove it, not good getting that hot. I’d just keep any eye on the battery temp after, to make sure there isn’t some other problem and the Battery Protector was actually doing its job.

ianpog
11-01-2005, 05:47 PM
tnx guys!!!!!!!!!

streetfighter-r
11-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Hi,

Forgive my lack of knowledge - but...

When I put the x-speed motor in running the Kyosho 8cell, it was pretty slow and another guy had the same set-up and was a lot faster. Found out that it was this batt protector that was making it slow - maybe more resistence on voltage???

Anyway, tried a pack w/o the protector and it flew! What is this protector? The connections on stcok limits me in connecting it up directly to the esc.

Should I just cut and re-wire to bullet plugs?

ac