PDA

View Full Version : Castlelink... sweetness...

pimpsmurf
10-29-2005, 09:56 PM
HU-WAH!

I got a couple orders in today. I got my 48 pitch pinions from b-p-p.com (they are indeed team associated rc18 pinions) in, which came with my mamba heatsink (wow! Thats a bugger to get on! little need for heatsink compound!) and my castle link! Exciting to see all the lights flashing like mad!

I plugged it up, and updated the mamba ESC to the latest and got to play with the throttle and brake curves! It is "Freakin' Sweet" in the words of Peter from the family guy.

I set it up with 100% brake (with a very curve. 50% braking on the controller was like 20% braking power,) Race timeing, an S curve for the throttle to allow good low and high-end control. *shrug*

Then I fiddled around a bit. Much easier than the field progamming... The laptop will go with me everywhere. hehe

I'm very impressed, this being the first programmable ESC I've ever used. I'm pumped.

I'm glad I played with the castlelink after I opened my order from thetoyz.com on ebay. They shipped me titanium ballstuds instead of the 3racing wheel hub bearings!!! SUCKAGE! Ordinarily I would be happy to score a more expensive part, but I need the wheel hub bearings in order to use the mamba (without it overheating.)

I'll have the h8 on monday if UPS doesn't delay it, so should I wait to use the mamba until I get the wheel bearings, or just go easy on it for the 3-4 days until the bearings get here? I could always just leave it stock until I get the wheel bearings.

What do you guys think?
-JNY

EphiDelt490
10-30-2005, 06:39 PM
I'd wait until you got the wheel bearings to drop your expensive Mamba setup in the buggy. No reason to risk ruining it because of a binding drivetrain. Just run it stock for a few days, then put all your goodies on it ;).

-Adam

pimpsmurf
10-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah, thanks for steering me in the direction I already knew was right. I just needed a nudge.

The bearings are coming in with a metric buttload of alloy and titanium parts, so I'll just wait it out. I wanted to take the thing appart and put some locking greese on the front and center diff anyway.

The only parts on my wishlist now are the kyosho oil shock spring sets, proline body (and wheels whenever they are able to get those buggers out! hurry proline hurry!), white spoier/muffler set, an Aon 4900 of course, and the rear suspension holders from 3racing. I'm not sure if thetoyz has all 3 of those... he is my alloy fix since he gets stuff here in 3-4 days usually. He is the man. Very good guy to work with in the states.

-JNY

plain_simple
10-30-2005, 08:58 PM
actually he is a real nice guy. Just bought a rc18t carbon fiber chassis awhile ago... never checke don the H8 parts though... i rather get them in Spain, its just right across the street ;)